Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation [not showing accurate traffic info even with premium connectivity]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have premium connectivity… I put in my home address in navigation and was stuck in extremely heavy traffic. Navigation line showed yellow when it should have showed red . When I canceled my home address it went to red …. Any thoughts?

I have premium connectivity… I put in my home address in navigation and was stuck in extremely heavy traffic. Navigation line showed yellow when it should have showed red . When I canceled my home address it went to red …. Any thoughts?
There is a time lapse in traffic update. It is not instantaneous. My guess is that cancelling your home address had nothing to do with it. It would have updated and turned red anyway.

The yellow and red are determined by amount of traffic and minimum traffic speed. Red is barely crawling or stopped.

There is a time lapse in traffic update. It is not instantaneous. My guess is that cancelling your home address had nothing to do with it. It would have updated and turned red anyway.

The yellow and red are determined by amount of traffic and minimum traffic speed. Red is barely crawling or stopped.
Thanks….. the traffic on the highway was completely stopped…. Never had problem in the past with the red line showing… kind of bizarre that I turned off the destination and then the red appeared… maybe I’ll try a reboot…. Also might be a kink in the late latest software which I recently installed.

Your tag says you are from Sayville. Sayville LI? That would explain a lot. Who can keep up with traffic on Long Island? It can come to a dead stop at any time. I did summer shares at Davis Park and we would always leave time for LI traffic to get to Patchogue so we wouldn't miss the ferry, in the days before GPS was everywhere.

Reactions: Tom76