TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Navigation option

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tennisman, Apr 30, 2017.

1. tennisman

tennisman Member

Was using navigation yesterday with radio on. Noticed that when an audio instruction on the nav came up, it didn't "mute" the radio, so it was very hard to hear the nav instruction. Is there a way for it to "silence" the radio when a nav direction comes up?

2. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

#2 JHWJR, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    I've seen what you describe on several wish lists, so I'm guessing that that's a problem for now.

3. Dax279

Dax279 Member

I don't think you can silence the radio, but you can increase the volume of the voice commands.

4. animorph

animorph Member

I think it is muting the driver's side speaker but no others, so it's trying. You can adjust the nav volume while the nav is talking, using the normal volume controls.

We ended up muting the radio whenever we had some complex nav instructions coming up. More a matter of attention than hearing for us.

5. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

Yes, that is exactly my experience. It mutes the driver-side speaker only, which is sufficient for me. I don't consider it a bug.