TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Navigation Places

Discussion in 'North America' started by Sans Gas, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Sans Gas

Sans Gas Member

Under navigation places, there is a list of super chargers and a distance. Is this distance from the present location of the car to the supercharger using the most direct way?

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Yes, that is what it is intended to be.

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

My experience with 5.8.10 is that the distance is the direct, "as the crow flies" distance when looking at the list of Superchargers. When you activate the "Nav To" with step by step instructions, it gives you the actual driving distance on it's preferred route (not always the best route with local knowledge).

A problem that I consider a bug is that the direct distances and the sorting of the list of Superchargers is not updated until you select another list in the "Places" function and then go back to "Superchargers." If you have "Superchargers" selected, close the "Places" function, and then reopen the "Places" function, the "Supercharger" list is not updated until you select another list like "Recents" and then go back to "Superchargers." This is a big deal if you are driving Supercharger to Supercharger cross-country.

Good Luck!