Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation problems drawing route on map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having weird issues with when routes are drawn on the map. These have manifested in 3 different ways:

1. It will draw part of the route on the map. Some segments will be missing.
2. The route is completely missing and only the destination flag is shown.

For these 2, it will sometimes show the full route if I switch to a different zoom level.

3. The map shows the wrong route. Sometimes it's the route for the previous place I navigated. Sometimes it happens if I miss a turn and it has to reroute.

Are you seeing this? It seems like there are bugs in how it decides to expire map route tiles in the cache. This doesn't seem like something fixable at the service center.

I've seen this happen now and again, especially on long road trips. A display reboot usually fixes it. Push both scroll-wheels on the steering wheel and hold them for 10 to 15 seconds until the display goes black. It doesn't seem to hurt to do it while driving, but I usually wait until parked.

This has been happening to me consistently for the past few days. I'm hopeful that 7.1, which is flashing to the car now, will fix this, either because of software changes or the reboots that are inherent to an upgrade.

I used navigation about a half dozen times today on 7.1 and never had any problems. The traffic data was always present and the route was always properly highlighted on the large display.