Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation screen: how can I get a detailed map?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to have the navigation screen give a more detailed view? When I input a destination, the map displays the entire route but the doesn’t focus in to show detailed areas turn by turn. It’s not at all helpful to see a red line winding across a large map with no named streets, particularly when the voice gives incorrect or misleading direct, which happens too often.

Is there a way to have the navigation screen give a more detailed view? When I input a destination, the map displays the entire route but the doesn’t focus in to show detailed areas turn by turn. It’s not at all helpful to see a red line winding across a large map with no named streets, particularly when the voice gives incorrect or misleading direct, which happens too often.
Once it starts routing it should zoom in.

Make sure you are in “heading up” mode by tapping on the compass.

Also if you tap the top of directions. It will flip back and fourth between the whole route and zoomed in.

You might be zoomed out. Try keep double tapping on your location and it will zoom in. Keep double tapping to zoom in further. It should automatically zoom to that next time. You have to play with it a bit to get it zoom to the right level automatically.

• Helpful
Reactions: LoudMusic
Upvote 0
Are you stuck in Route Overview mode?

Upvote 0
Once it starts routing it should zoom in.

Make sure you are in “heading up” mode by tapping on the compass.

Also if you tap the top of directions. It will flip back and fourth between the whole route and zoomed in.

You might be zoomed out. Try keep double tapping on your location and it will zoom in. Keep double tapping to zoom in further. It should automatically zoom to that next time. You have to play with it a bit to get it zoom to the right level automatically.
Thank you. I’ll try that.

Upvote 0