Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Navigation sends me home via circuitous route

Up until a few months ago my M3 navigation system provided accurate routes. Now, when navigating to my home (I know how to find it on my own), the navigation sends me around the neighborhood or sends me part way down a road and then suggests a u-turn in the middle of the road. Has anyone been having this problem? As I stated, I do know how to get home on my own but I am not sure why the navigation doesn't direct me straight there instead of providing a circuitous route.

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
Up until a few months ago my M3 navigation system provided accurate routes. Now, when navigating to my home (I know how to find it on my own), the navigation sends me around the neighborhood or sends me part way down a road and then suggests a u-turn in the middle of the road. Has anyone been having this problem? As I stated, I do know how to get home on my own but I am not sure why the navigation doesn't direct me straight there instead of providing a circuitous route.

I'm having a somewhat similar experience. When leaving my daughter's home there are multiple ways to get to freeways so I always use the nav to avoid as much traffic as possible. When I was up there about two months ago the nav directed me on a new route that turned out to be a dead-end street but it thinks it goes through. Never used to do that, but now every time it wants to send me up that same road.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC