Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation sends me home via circuitous route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up until a few months ago my M3 navigation system provided accurate routes. Now, when navigating to my home (I know how to find it on my own), the navigation sends me around the neighborhood or sends me part way down a road and then suggests a u-turn in the middle of the road. Has anyone been having this problem? As I stated, I do know how to get home on my own but I am not sure why the navigation doesn't direct me straight there instead of providing a circuitous route.

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
So you can enjoy more time driving. Maybe it secretly wants to be an Autocross car. Seriously I haven't had this issue myself, any recent construction in the area that navigation or traffic may be taking into account?

Up until a few months ago my M3 navigation system provided accurate routes. Now, when navigating to my home (I know how to find it on my own), the navigation sends me around the neighborhood or sends me part way down a road and then suggests a u-turn in the middle of the road. Has anyone been having this problem? As I stated, I do know how to get home on my own but I am not sure why the navigation doesn't direct me straight there instead of providing a circuitous route.

I'm having a somewhat similar experience. When leaving my daughter's home there are multiple ways to get to freeways so I always use the nav to avoid as much traffic as possible. When I was up there about two months ago the nav directed me on a new route that turned out to be a dead-end street but it thinks it goes through. Never used to do that, but now every time it wants to send me up that same road.