Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation shows the right address, then sends me to the wrong address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Firmware 4.5) I plugged in a particular address (6560 Hollywood Blvd) into the Navigation search bar, and the map showed me the right destination:
TeslaNavStart.jpg

Then I press "Navigate", and the Navigation sends me to a different location! Even though it lists the same address, the location has moved to the wrong location.
TeslaNavEnd.jpg

Notice how the Flag is in a different location from the first picture, even though the address is the same.

Anyone seen this sort of error before? I'll probably send this stuff to Ownership. I suspect a difference between what Google Search returns and an error in the in-car Nav system map.

I get this all the time as well. It happens for any address I put on Broadway Street, in Vancouver, BC. It looks fine on the preview, just like you show. In final routing it always sends me to some other address far away on West Boulevard. I just have to be conscious of it & hope they fix it someday. I emailed Tesla about this long ago but never heard anything back.

I believe the difference between the results has to do with the internal maps having a different location than google maps.

I moved to a new place, and then told google where it was so that when people would try to find it, they wouldn't get sent to the wrong place.

Now when I search for my own house, it will show one place on google maps and navigates me to where the incorrect location on google maps had me before I fixed it.

What I believe happens, is that google returns the full address to the navigation system for navigation, and it will bring you to the address within the Navigon maps, which may differ from the google maps.

As the internal maps are updated, this should be corrected, but nowhere near as fast as google can correct their maps.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen several problems that are basically due to differences between Navigon and Google. Navigon seems to have more errors (like routing me through the excavation for the Capital Hill Light Rail Station in Seattle (under construction for at least 2 years prior). However, Google is not immune.