Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try manually selecting the X :) I've experienced a few issues related to receiving / playing a text message while Nav is active. I personally don't use the Nav voice directions, but have found that playing a text message overrides and turns Nav voice back on. So I'm curious if your experience might be somehow related to this bug, if you happen to be using the text message function.

Try manually selecting the X :) I've experienced a few issues related to receiving / playing a text message while Nav is active. I personally don't use the Nav voice directions, but have found that playing a text message overrides and turns Nav voice back on. So I'm curious if your experience might be somehow related to this bug, if you happen to be using the text message function.

Thanks for response. It has nothing to do with text message. In fact I’m anxious to try that. I have yet to see a text Come thru. Anyway, Tesla claims it’s a firmware issue and should be resolved ultimately !! Having to de select the X every time I want voice Navi is a pain !

I too have been noticing that voice directions keep getting muted. I was still at the point of trying to work out what unintended thing I am doing to cause that. It is easy to be adjusting volume (of sound system) while voice directions are being announced which, of course, turns down / off the navication voice.

I'm still not certain that at least some of the time it isn't just me doing it.

Could relate to saving of settings in profiles. Not sure.

Last edited: