Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation speed limits wrong more enough than I'd like to see...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying Autopilot more this week but finding the speeds the system think the roads are set to be wrong with what's actually posted. I've seen 3 scenario's; no idea what the speed limit is, limit too high (most common) and yesterday found a street where it was too low so autopilot would only go 10 over but that was still 10 under ha. Good thing we can floor it while still on autopilot!

Can we help improve this? I tried doing a bug report about it but is that the correct way to report this?

I'm in Markham btw and even a big street like Woodbine is wrong as it's now 60 near my place but still shows up as 70 in the system.

Thanks

Edit - Of course I post the thread then see my title is wrong and find out you can't edit that part! Mods will help I'm sure :)

This doesn’t answer your question but I happen to be in Edmonton for a few days, and am renting a new Volvo S60 (4,000 km on the odo). On every drive anywhere, the auto-speed limit sensor is wrong either up or down, between 1-3 times. Not an excuse for Tesla of course.

[EDIT: added # times per drive]

I understand, just would love to know a quick way to help improve it or maybe just driving more is the answer! At some point, the system will have that ability and this should be improved quite a bit for everyone using it.

I know AP1 did see the signs, do we know if it uses that to self-correct as well?