TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigation stops showing route (blue line) until reboot...

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by patn, Aug 31, 2014.

1. patn

patn Member

Anyone else experiencing this? Everything seems fine with the navigation system but under some circumstances it stops drawing routes on the map - i.e. the blue line is absent while navigating. This is not transient - it stays this way for all routes until I do a reboot of the 17" console. Then it works again for a while. I never noticed this happening before a couple of months ago. Just curious if anyone else is seeing it.

2. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

Yep, seen it. Last reboot has been effective for a couple of weeks though.

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Seems to be common. I experience it as well.

4. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

Yes I have experienced this. Rebooting cleared it up for me as well.

5. Argelius

Argelius Member

Yep. Ditto. But definitely new behavior. Never used to have the problem...

6. Jrhodesmd

Jrhodesmd S Sig #371, X Prod #1143

Same here. Running 5.9, but this didn't start up with a version change. Just crept in there. Reboot fixed it about 2 weeks ago. Waiting for it to re-occur, not yet though.

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes I experienced this under V5.9. Display reboot fixes it. Been on V5.12 for the last 1,000 miles and have not experienced that issue.

8. Madartist

Madartist Member

Unfortunately, it has happened in my v5.12 nav as well.

9. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Hi Steve,

Same here. Had it happen about three times. Happened yesterday on version 5.12.

Larry

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Make sure the service center knows so they can log the issue, alternatively send a short email to [email protected] and it'll get forwarded to the SW team.

11. SarahsDad

SarahsDad Member

Happened to me yesterday for the first time (at least first time I noticed). Rebooted the touchscreen while driving and had a little scare when the speedometer cluster spontaneously rebooted also - seemed like both screens were blank for 2-3 minutes (car still drove fine) before coming back on line. Everything works fine now tho.

12. dasRad

dasRad Member

I've experienced this problem a few times and resolved it by a reboot or by entering a destination into the search box and choosing one of the suggested destinations from the auto populated drop-down box. The reboot has worked reliably. The second method has worked, but I can't say if it always works as I've only done it once ( somewhat inadvertently and I wasn't really paying attention).

13. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

happened to me on the way to lunch. entered the restaurant address (in the text area) , no blue line. after lunch I entered the address I was going to (by saing Navigate to...) and magically a blue line appeared. I did not have to reboot.