TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigation stuck on Palo Alto factory

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mecfire, Dec 22, 2016.

1. mecfire

mecfire Member

problem fixed

• Disagree x 1
  2. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

zero context

Maybe you could explain what the problem was, and how it got fixed, in case anyone else has a similar issue and could benefit from your experience?

3. RScottyL

RScottyL Member

I agree with the above poster!

Even though you fixed your problem, don't delete your content as someone else may have this problem and need to figure out how to fix it!

4. Vger

Vger Active Member

This happened to my car as well, if I am interpreting the cryptic title properly. When cars are tested at the factory, and then quickly loaded onto transporter trucks (especially lower deck where they do not see the sky), I think they lose GPS context and initialization. It then takes a "cold boot" satellite acquisition in the new home area to lock in the GPS. That took about 2 to 3 hours for my car after pick up.

5. mecfire

mecfire Member

sorry, as the previous poster mentioned, when I got in the car this morning it was working properly so must have needed some time to initialize after we reset. Thanks for the input!