TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Navigation - Sunny, Cloud, or Rainy?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by spaghetti, Jul 26, 2013.

1. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

So I am driving along Highway 237 in the Bay Area this morning. Nice sunny day with not a cloud in the sky. But my nav display shows clouds in the sky when it switched over to the graphic for my exit. What gives? :confused:

null_zpscda14de9.jpg

So the question is what determines the weather conditions displayed in the navigation graphic? Is it really integrating the weather conditions into the visuals? I doubt it, but it would be a neat feature.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Holy cow, please stop taking pictures of your display while doing 60 AND exiting the freeway!

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I don't think he's actually exiting here, but about to exit (in 0.3 miles) but your point about the picture taking is a good one.

4. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Safer to take a screenshot, which I accidentally do at least one a week somehow. If only you could access them...

Back to the topic, I've never really noticed but I'll check it out, at least at night...

5. deonb

deonb Active Member

I think it just always displays the clouds - see similar comparison between display vs. actual weather. (Yes, Seattle has clear days - this wasn't Photoshopped...)
    Console.jpg