Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation supercharger has the wrong location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

geordi

Mr Fusion V.1
Jun 14, 2022
Connecticut
I have been on a road trip for several days, and have not had an issue until today. Software is the same as it was over the last few days, it is 2022.44.25.3

When I click on the supercharger button, even though I am located in Central Florida or Melbourne Florida, it shows me the list of superchargers available in South Miami. These are obviously far beyond the range of my battery, yet it refuses to show me anything in my local area unless I happen to drive past the charge location. The navigation otherwise seems to be working fine, showing me accurate local results for any random search that I might do, as long as it is not for a supercharger.

Rebooting the computer has not changed this. Any ideas what is going on?

I have been on a road trip for several days, and have not had an issue until today. Software is the same as it was over the last few days, it is 2022.44.25.3

When I click on the supercharger button, even though I am located in Central Florida or Melbourne Florida, it shows me the list of superchargers available in South Miami. These are obviously far beyond the range of my battery, yet it refuses to show me anything in my local area unless I happen to drive past the charge location. The navigation otherwise seems to be working fine, showing me accurate local results for any random search that I might do, as long as it is not for a supercharger.

Rebooting the computer has not changed this. Any ideas what is going on?
Sounds like a connectivity issue. Service should be able to do a remote diagnosis.

Are you up still on my MCU1? Sometimes the nav chip or data gets messed up with daughter board replacement.

Continuing sharing the information - Service center saved the profile information and did a factory reset, and the navigation was behaving when it came back up. Then they reloaded the profile information, and the problem returned. So the answer seems that the profile database is corrupted somehow.

They said that the answer from above was that it is being worked on for a "future firmware fix" but that doesn't come with any timeline OR guarantees. Erasing everything with another factory reset is possible of course, if annoying. The problem I have is this: The streaming music setup, I never programmed any of that. Will it come back up after a reset or does it need account information somewhere?