Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation system keeps muting itself. Any ideas? 2022 MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot figure this one out but the Navigation keeps muting itself and remains muted until, while driving, I figure out the system is muted again and again. I have rebooted the car. No change. I am running 2022.12.3.20 and subscribe to the Autopilot service. The system is muting itself whether I am using AP or not. I unmute and a few minutes later it mutes again.

Same here - now in the habit of using voice command "unmute voice guidance" if it's been quiet for a while
Haven’t tried that. Does that work on your MY? I find that there are many voice commands on the MY that aren’t recognized that ARE recognized in other models of Tesla.

Unrelated:
Between that and the fact that a die-cast model car is available for every model of Tesla (including unreleased CT, Semi and Roadster 2.0) but NOT the MY, I’m feeling the MY isn’t getting much love ☹️

Haven’t tried that. Does that work on your MY? I find that there are many voice commands on the MY that aren’t recognized that ARE recognized in other models of Tesla.

Unrelated:
Between that and the fact that a die-cast model car is available for every model of Tesla (including unreleased CT, Semi and Roadster 2.0) but NOT the MY, I’m feeling the MY isn’t getting much love ☹️
Yup.

I have this same issue, I asked a mobile tech today to have a look. I have also submitted multiple inquiries in past about it. they told me the log the times that it was off. They also said thought that upgrading my motherboard for FSD plus recent software updates may have helped, but no dice. I don't know why they can't figure out this fix for this. It's extremely frustrating but you would think it should be a trivial fix.

Same here. Mine has been automatically muting for the last several months and I have to remember to go to settings and turn volume back on every single time I drive. I just forgot again and went 25 minutes past planned supercharger stop and almost ran out of battery. I also have to deactivate navigate on autopilot because of so many erratic lane changes. If I allow it to perform automatic lane changes. It literally goes back and forth between lanes multiple times within a minute, constantly moving into a slower lane then back into the fast lane.

This Bug has been there for way too long time,
It happens when you answer a call, the navigation mutes itself, and you still taking the phone call even after you reach your destination and park your car.
The tesla profile will sync to the cloud of your current settings-that is a muted navigation settings.
And when you start drive next it will sync with the cloud and the cloud telling your car: your navigation is silenced.

I can not understand why taking a phone call needs a silenced navigation, this does not make sense.

Reactions: sharpgator