Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation System "stuck"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my 2017 March Model S 90D updated last night and now I've got an interesting bug... The navigation system will hang at wherever I reboot/start the car at.

IE... I get in the car at home, punch in an address. Route shows up. As I drive, the nav instructions are always stuck at the first turn. The Nav display in the dashboard is stuck in the original position (my home garage). HOWEVER, the little red indicator in the 17" screen moves a long the route (with a 1 street offset) along the route. The 1 street offset is basically it'll always show I'm on the next parallel street over, and if I'm crossing a bridge, I'm in the water.

I tried rebooting the dash and the 17" multiple times throughout different locations in the city, and the nav would always do the same thing. It'll calculate the route based on exactly where I reset the car, and then gets stuck there.

Called in support and they said they've given it over to Tech to investigate, but I won't have an answer till tomorrow :/

Anyone else experience this after the latest update?

If you're consistently seeing a location offset on the console map, it could be the GPS hardware is having problems.

Something else to try is powering off the car. Try this sequence - using the steering wheel controls, initiate a reboot of the dashboard & console processors. When they've completed rebooting, use the console settings to "power off" the car. And wait for a minute or two to ensure the electronics have fully powered down. Then power up the car and reboot the dashboard and console again.

If the issue is with GPS, you may also want to do the above with the car outside, in an area where it should get a clean GPS signal (something that may not be possible inside a building).

When I've encountered the GPS offset issue, sometimes the software will correct itself in a few minutes and sometimes it's taken a reboot. Though I haven't yet found a situation where I've needed to do a power cycle to fix it.

• Helpful
Reactions: kort677