TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigation System

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jchau, Sep 11, 2019.

1. jchau

jchau Member

Is there anyway to see multiple routes instead of the model 3 choosing the route for you? Also, is there a way to add extra favorite destinations besides home and work?

2. Ragnarkov

Ragnarkov Deep Blue Metalic SR+ w/ Sports Rims

To see multiple routes, I'd suggest using google maps to plan your trip, choose the appropriate path you want, then share it with the car directly. This obviously doesn't help if your going long distances through the SC network, but its pretty good at routing you (even the lower interior spec without satellite nav uses real time traffic when routing you).

As for extra favorites, if you tap on a location on the map, you should be able to tap a heart icon and add it to your favorites (including giving it a custom name). I believe you get access to this if you also do a search through nav, and then click on the destination when it figures the route.

There's also your recent list as well, which pops up when you click on the nav search bar. It keeps every destination you've previously been routed thru in there, for a good weekend two if not longer. This is also where you can click home, work, or favorites. And your favorites should also come up in your search, so if you remember what name you gave a destination, it much easier than going to a list and scrolling (if you have a lot of them).

Hope this helps.

3. Tryeuthanasia

Tryeuthanasia New Member

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

No, currently the Tesla X/S/3 do not offer those features.

• Disagree x 1
  5. JayNJ

JayNJ Member

Sharing from Google Maps to the Tesla doesn't share the route, just the end address.

6. JayNJ

JayNJ Member

You can favorite any address. Select the heart.

7. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Was just about to ask this question as I thought sharing from Google Maps just puts the address in the Nav.
    Thx

8. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

Yea I was wondering when I read that if Goole had an advantage by Sharing the routes. Use Apple Maps and it only sends the location/address no matter which route I pick and Tesla picks it's on route. So Ragnarkov was wrong and same with Google Maps?

9. Ragnarkov

Ragnarkov Deep Blue Metalic SR+ w/ Sports Rims

Gah... yeah, how did I screw that up. Maybe I shouldn't be posting at 3am half asleep.

/facepalm

Sorry about the misinformation.

10. ilyak

ilyak Member

While you're correct about multiple routes/stopovers, you are incorrect about adding favorites. To add a new favorite, tap and hold a location on the map, then, once the pop-up appears, tap the heart icon.