Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation treats certain roads as if they were closed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I have seen navigation doing weird calculations a few times for different roads near me, treating perfectly fine roads as if they were closed. The navigation was very keen to route me away and around certain sections of roads that I knew were perfectly fine. Even when I was only one block away from those sections, navigation still wanted me to make a U-turn and detour to other roads. But once I was less than half a block away from that section, navigation suddenly "found out" it was fine and the route was then corrected.

Here is an example (I don't have the exact screenshot). I was actually facing the way the green arrow pointed, but Tesla wanted me to do a detour.

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 1.57.57 PM.png

Recently I have seen navigation doing weird calculations a few times for different roads near me, treating perfectly fine roads as if they were closed. The navigation was very keen to route me away and around certain sections of roads that I knew were perfectly fine. Even when I was only one block away from those sections, navigation still wanted me to make a U-turn and detour to other roads. But once I was less than half a block away from that section, navigation suddenly "found out" it was fine and the route was then corrected.

Here is an example (I don't have the exact screenshot). I was actually facing the way the green arrow pointed, but Tesla wanted me to do a detour.

View attachment 869619

View attachment 869619
I noticed a similar situation recently when traveling on a new route nearby. I did notice that my preferred route showed slow traffic at an intersection which might have been the reason for the suggested alternative route even though it was a couple miles longer. As I drew closer to the intersection the navigator switched to my preferred route.