Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Unavailable Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

My Tesla has the latest 2020 navigation maps downloaded, installed and all seems to be working just fine. However, whenever I check the car's notifications, it keeps listing "Navigation unavailable" - Navigation maps not loaded. Additionally, it seems by the notifications window that that the car is constantly checking and throwing that same message over and over. As an outcome of this, I'm afraid this issue may be waking up the car every hour or so, which may lead to draining the battery faster than it should.

Do you have the same error message with your Tesla? Any way to fix it?

Attachments

• Tesla Model S Notifications.JPG
    Tesla Model S Notifications.JPG
    382.2 KB · Views: 229
Either you have an LTE module cellular connection issue, or your MCU is baking up, but these are just my speculations. Are the connection bars showing up on the right upper corner and can you play online music and watch movies (I assume you have later build car)? I would schedule a SC encounter.

That message was the first inkling that my MCU memory chip was failing. What model year is your car? Mine was 17.
2014 S85, MC1. By the way my car sits underground in an apartment building with no wifi or 3G connection. However, the over the air navigation maps update happened when I was somewhere else connected via wifi and it finished with no issues or whatsoever.

Hello,

My Tesla has the latest 2020 navigation maps downloaded, installed and all seems to be working just fine. However, whenever I check the car's notifications, it keeps listing "Navigation unavailable" - Navigation maps not loaded. Additionally, it seems by the notifications window that that the car is constantly checking and throwing that same message over and over. As an outcome of this, I'm afraid this issue may be waking up the car every hour or so, which may lead to draining the battery faster than it should.

Do you have the same error message with your Tesla? Any way to fix it?

Any status update?

I had a similar in problem and it was traced to corruption it n the SD card the maps are stored on.
I am hours from a service center so they remoted in overnight and repartitioned, been fine since.
Have had a few infrequent mcu bugs so might not be out of the woods completely, but nav had been solid.