Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Update 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nav update complete - took just on an hour using WiFi. Mind you out here in the sticks I can only get FTTC and another 2 miles of copper cable so my “superfast” broadband never exceeds 15Mbps
No reason why it shouldn’t download from a good mobile 4G signal.

Another stick dweller here. Downloaded the nav update today via 4G.

I’ve registered for Elon’s Starlink, so fingers crossed for faster downloads in the future. Now I wonder if I can stick that satellite disk on the roof of my LR M3, or is that a step too far... :)

Can anyone confirm or have reasonable guess what the red/orange lines appearing all over the latest sat map are. A lot are at junctions/roundabouts but not all & they don't always follow right round or even at all entries/exits. They do not denote current traffic conditions because they appear in small villages and on quiet roads whilst I am driving that route.

I also have small numbers 38 on a section of 70mph dual carriageway near home. Strange.

Another stick dweller here. Downloaded the nav update today via 4G.

I’ve registered for Elon’s Starlink, so fingers crossed for faster downloads in the future. Now I wonder if I can stick that satellite disk on the roof of my LR M3, or is that a step too far... :)

4G!!! Lucky you - we have no mobile phone reception at all. The only way we can use our mobiles is by piggy backing onto our hone wifi. Fine until we have a power cut then no contact with the outside world except an old fashioned plug in landline phone!

an old fashioned plug in landline phone!

Not only do we have a landline, but one of our working phones even looks like the one depicted the M3's software:

GPO150.jpg

If anyone is interested, it is a restored 1928 GPO No. 150 'Candlestick' phone with a 1929 GPO No. 1 Bellset.

Not only do we have a landline, but one of our working phones even looks like the one depicted the M3's software:

View attachment 565587

If anyone is interested, it is a restored 1928 GPO No. 150 'Candlestick' phone with a 1929 GPO No. 1 Bellset.

Interesting to see not just your candlestick phone but your bell end too ... (as the actress said to the bishop) historic joke rehash number 658.