Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Update deficiency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I prefer my navigation screen to display the "heading up" view. Maybe it's just habit, but for me it's less disorienting than the "north up". I used the same approach when I boated too.
The new 6.1 firmware has a very nice "full trip" mode as a third option for viewing. Unfortunately it only displays as "north up". Wouldn't it be nice to have the display option there too?

Ahh (disregard deleted comments) ... yes I agree, it would be cool to have "current direction" but "overview" at the same time. Frankly I'd be happy to have over-view but then also have a "zoom during turns/exists" -- like most nav do. Not just on instrument cluster, but then also on the 17" ...

I prefer my navigation screen to display the "heading up" view. Maybe it's just habit, but for me it's less disorienting than the "north up". I used the same approach when I boated too.
The new 6.1 firmware has a very nice "full trip" mode as a third option for viewing. Unfortunately it only displays as "north up". Wouldn't it be nice to have the display option there too?

Agreed. Would love if it would allow destination at top, or automatically adjust display so next major turn is at top.