Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Update. Has anyone received it?

lunitiks

Cool James & Black Teacher
Nov 19, 2016
Prawn Island, VC
Tweet came into being Monday, March 26, in the year of our lord 2018.

"... starts rolling out this weekend"

So that must be.... the coming weekend!

(Ref "this".)

If he had meant that the rollout began just the weekend before his tweet - you know, just hours before - he would've twatt "that", or "then". Or "was". > Past Perfect Continuous.

Grammaries: The difference between knowing your s*** and knowing you're s***.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Last edited:

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
'Twatt'? Now *that's* a new one... :D Love your last line, as that applied to most 'grammer' on the Internet. Need to send that to a librarian friend of mine...

But, please, it's tweeted. :p As I'm sure you know.

• Funny
Reactions: lunitiks

verygreen

Curious member
Jan 16, 2017
TN
I was just browsing around tesla maps site and what do you know, the maps update is already there waiting to be pushed. NA-2018.6-706 (dated Jan 2018), a 5G download. Based on valhalla like the earlier maps I played with back last summer.

So who's going to be the first brave soul to install them and shoot us some video ahead of the trickle that would start over the weekend I presume? ;)

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
Now to install you either need to root the cid or extract the maps sdcard to write the data there directly. Both are hardly super easy options for regular people, I guess.

Will it automatically start using them if you put them on the SD card, or do you have to change a config value as well?

verygreen

Curious member
Jan 16, 2017
TN
Will it automatically start using them if you put them on the SD card, or do you have to change a config value as well?

It'll start using them automatically (maps data contains a variable that controls what map engine to use, so you really just need to provide the map data and you are good to go).

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike

robertvg

Extremely Well-Known Member
Jul 3, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I was just browsing around tesla maps site and what do you know, the maps update is already there waiting to be pushed. NA-2018.6-706 (dated Jan 2018), a 5G download. Based on valhalla like the earlier maps I played with back last summer

How about those HD maps that you reported some time ago that they uploaded for CA and a coast2coast route, did you ever see any changes to that or other HD maps uploaded ?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC