Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation voice not working (volume is not muted)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had an issue with the audio for the Voice navigation not working? The volume is on and it is NOT muted. This occurred during our road trip to Michigan right after we got our annual Tesla service.
I tried rebooting both screens by pushing the bottom buttons and top buttons, but the voice doesn’t work.
The navigation function and all other functions work fine.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Has anyone had an issue with the audio for the Voice navigation not working? The volume is on and it is NOT muted. This occurred during our road trip to Michigan right after we got our annual Tesla service.
I tried rebooting both screens by pushing the bottom buttons and top buttons, but the voice doesn’t work.
The navigation function and all other functions work fine.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not sure if this will help, but just in case: make sure the service center turned "service mode" OFF [CONTROLS; SETTINGS; SERVICE & RESET].

When the nav should be talking and you roll the volume scroll wheel right then, what does it show?
If you already checked the actual volume as it was ‘talking’, then I’m about out of ideas!
When the Nav should be talking and I scroll the volume wheel, the volume indicator shows the numbers going up (or down) as it should. Just no lady voice. Music works fine.

When the Nav should be talking and I scroll the volume wheel, the volume indicator shows the numbers going up (or down) as it should. Just no lady voice. Music works fine.
Crap..... that's the one many miss, that all the 'sources' have their own volume. I have to do that often on google maps... wait for the nav to talk, and then adjust that one specifically to make it louder than music, for example.

This one is weird..... what would affect that source only, especially past a reboot..

Well this morning the Nav audio voice is working again. One thing yesterday is that the outdoor temperature was very low at -7degrees ...maybe that had something to do with it?
Buy the woman a scarf? I got nothing. Never heard an IVR voice have issues from temperature!

Glad it’s working again!

I assume the rest of the voice output was working? (Voice menu...).

• Funny
Reactions: vandacca
I'm not sure if this will help, but just in case: make sure the service center turned "service mode" OFF [CONTROLS; SETTINGS; SERVICE & RESET].
The nav volume is controlled by tapping the speaker symbol toward the top left of the center nav screen. There is an x next to it, which mutes sound when tapped.

If you already know this, I apologize.

Attachments

• IMG_3997.PNG
    IMG_3997.PNG
    545.5 KB · Views: 1,865
Reactions: dcfas and vandacca