Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation voice volume very low - standard stereo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 S75 with standard audio and no problems with Nav audio.

Interesting. So you mean that you can hear the nav voice if driving at motorway speed above 70mph and the music fade down on the left hand side speakers? If I have the nav volume to 11 and run some music at 7+ volume and there is a nav voice guidance the music doesn't fade down enough and it is impossible to hear what the nav voice say.

Do you have the new navigation? Because that could maybe solve the issue. I'm still on the old Navigon system here in Europe.

If I don't have any music on, it is no problem to hear the nav voice. And like I have written many times, in cars with premium sound it works like it should. I've tested this with at least 6 different teslas. All with standard audio got the problem and all with upgraded sound works fine.

I have noticed that the navigation volume is very low even if set to maximum volume. While driving at the motorway with music turned up to 7-8 or there about it is more or less impossible to hear the navigation voice message even if the volume for nav is set to 10. The music on the front-left is turned down to very low volume, but the nav volume even at it's highest setting is very very low and not possible to hear. This seems to be a problem only for cars with the Standard Audio and my conclusion (for my car) is that the voice is directed to the wrong speaker in some way.

I had a loaner the other day with the Ultra-Hifi sound package and with this config the voice volume worked perfect and at motorway speed it was very loud and clear. I know that there are additional speakers in the dashboard with upgraded audio and it seems like Tesla is pushing nav message to one of the speakers available for Ultra-hifi and the consequences if you have standard audio where the speaker is not present will be that the volume gets very very low from the other speakers and barely possible to hear.

Anyone else with standard audio who can confirm this issue or do I have a particular error in my car? Anyone raised this concern to Tesla? Or do I need to adjust some setting that I'm not aware of? Please don't advice to raise the volume for nav, because I have turned that to max.

Thanks in advance for any input!

ps. My car is a 2017 Model S

I've got exactly the same problem. navigation volume set to maximum volume (i belive 11) - music between 7-10 and you can't hear anything by navigation. I also got a late 2017 model s with standard sound.

Interesting. So you mean that you can hear the nav voice if driving at motorway speed above 70mph and the music fade down on the left hand side speakers? If I have the nav volume to 11 and run some music at 7+ volume and there is a nav voice guidance the music doesn't fade down enough and it is impossible to hear what the nav voice say.

Do you have the new navigation? Because that could maybe solve the issue. I'm still on the old Navigon system here in Europe.

If I don't have any music on, it is no problem to hear the nav voice. And like I have written many times, in cars with premium sound it works like it should. I've tested this with at least 6 different teslas. All with standard audio got the problem and all with upgraded sound works fine.
I do have the new navigation, but I also listen to music in the 5-6 area. With those parameters I have no issues.

21C2895F-B365-497A-A671-B66F004E5796.png

I found this thread because I'm having a similar but slightly different issue. I have a Model X with premium sound. My navigation audio volume is fine and can be loud, but my problem is that the voice is completely muffled. It sounds like the lady is talking with her hand over her mouth. It's almost impossible to discern what she's actually saying.

Anyone else with this issue or have a fix?

I found this thread because I'm having a similar but slightly different issue. I have a Model X with premium sound. My navigation audio volume is fine and can be loud, but my problem is that the voice is completely muffled. It sounds like the lady is talking with her hand over her mouth. It's almost impossible to discern what she's actually saying.

Anyone else with this issue or have a fix?

I have a Model X with PUP also and nav voice is very clear and super loud. I left it at volume 1. Maybe you set yours too loud and got distorted?

I have a Model X with PUP also and nav voice is very clear and super loud. I left it at volume 1. Maybe you set yours too loud and got distorted?

I keep mine at one or two because it's loud. The muffled sound isn't like an overpowering distortion, it's more like someone left the plastic wrap on top of the speaker. Except when I listen to music it sounds crystal clear.