Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation volume keeps resetting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that I sometimes hit the volume scroll wheel without even noticing. I had the same issue with volume going up and down, and for me, that was the answer.

The problem I have is that my stations reset when I start the car. Don't know how in the heck that happens.

I had the same problem until I realized that the scroll button controls the voice navigation instructions while getting instructions and controls music volume when not getting voice navigation instructions. I had been inadvertently reducing the navigation volume while trying to reduce the music volume.

• Informative
Reactions: LionXng
So I just checked to see if stereo and nav volumes are stored in the driver profile, and they aren't. I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for when the nav is set low. Maybe I'm doing it accidentally, but I really don't think so.

Bump.

This is still an issue. We set the Nav volume to about 80%, but next time we get in the car the volume has reverted to low.

I know I can increase the volume of the Nav using the left scroll wheel, but why do I have to do it every time? It seems that every other auto manufacturer mutes the music volume when the Nav is giving directions, and I think that's a good solution. Maybe there's a reason Tesla can't do that, but I don't know.

Same thing here with ours. "Helga" tends to stop altogether or comes back with a vengeance! Not sure why it happens but it definitely a "thing".
I'm not exactly sure why this happens either. However, I've noticed that if one adjusts the media volume during a navigation announcement, it also affects the navigation volume for subsequent messages. This indicates to me that there is a faulty linkage between the two volume settings.

I'm not exactly sure why this happens either. However, I've noticed that if one adjusts the media volume during a navigation announcement, it also affects the navigation volume for subsequent messages. This indicates to me that there is a faulty linkage between the two volume settings.
Sounds like overthinking from the development team, lol. I noticed the same and had to keep myself from changing volume when its happening as I'll forget on the next go.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Its weird as you can go in to the menu and adjust the Nav Volume but even when that was done it still seems to be random. The dealbreaker for us a bit ago is when Waze was giving me directions (on the phone only) and "Helga" our Tesla name for navigation was silent. I went it, can recall the exact way, but my wife found it and was able to get it to an appropriate value.