Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any one else wondered if the route planner could have more options. I don't always feel like the fastest route is always the best. I did a test to work to see which way the nav on autopilot would take me. The route was only 3 minutes faster or a 40 minute drive, But it was 3 miles longer and took 6 miles of rated range more. Do you think we could have an option to choose most efficient route not just fastest. People may want to take a trip that's more scenic then the interstate. I know we can avoid tolls or highway, but it would seem that based on the mapping and terrain it could compute the most energy efficient way to go also.

During the Christmas Holiday we took a trip up I-95 in our MY. When I pulled up the route for the mornings drive after arriving at our stop for the night it showed off of I-95 for a couple of hundred miles. The next morning when I set out it showed us going I-95 the whole way. Apparently it was reacting to bad traffic/accidents on I-95. The local TV at our stop had much to say about the traffic on I-95 that day.

• Helpful
Reactions: bicar
Yep, I'd love to see features like waypoints and downloadable tiles added to the system. For me the big issue is when I go to the mountains (which I do frequently) the maps just disappear once I'm out of cell range. This basically leaves me blind unless I have a handheld GPS or paper maps. Although I have both, I'd think this advanced a vehicle would be able to do the same job. It would suck having to mount my Garmin to the MY, but as it stands that looks like what I may have to do.

Reactions: noshadow