Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC 500 in a M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to do the "full" NC500 during the October school holidays in my M3 SR+. I know its now quite popular for people to do in Model S (lots of peope seem to rent them for the journey).

By Maths, its relatively straight forward to do with charge points and I can even miss one or two (other than Torrindon).

Has anyone in the forum done this yet in a M3, if you've done it in an S or X do you have top tips?

I'll be sure to keep people posted on how the journey goes!

would also love to do this when I recieve my P+ this month. The ideal way to plan i thought would be using A Better Routeplanner

adjust for super charging only and leave at least 20% on arrival. Where are you planning on starting your journey ?

I'm Starting from Edinburgh and heading counter clockwise doing the trip in 5 nights. The only Super Charger on that route is in Aviemore. But, I'm already an avid user of the charge place Scotland network (I use it instead of home charging currently). By my count (and using better route charger) the only part to be worried about is the piece of road between Torrindon and Inverness (through Applecross). No matter which way you go, its the longest stretch without a charger. Its only 111 miles and shouldn't be a problem with a full charge, but its the Bealnach na Ba part of the trip which will likely eat battery on the climb. My understanding is you have to stop at Torrindon either way to top up. They have a Tesla destination charger and a public charger, but the public charger isn't working. Other than that, there is enough rapid chargers to keep you going with 2 or more every 150 miles or so.

I'm planning to do the "full" NC500 during the October school holidays in my M3 SR+. I know its now quite popular for people to do in Model S (lots of peope seem to rent them for the journey).

By Maths, its relatively straight forward to do with charge points and I can even miss one or two (other than Torrindon).

Has anyone in the forum done this yet in a M3, if you've done it in an S or X do you have top tips?

I'll be sure to keep people posted on how the journey goes!

guy on Twitter doing it currently... EV Maps (@EVMaps) | Twitter

Reactions: drewpost