Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC - any interest in Triangle Tesla club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I'm still anxiously awaiting delivery of my 85D and in the meantime I have been scouring the internet devouring everything Tesla. I haven't seen any mention of a central NC Tesla Club (I like the sound of Triangle Tesla club) and I wondered if there is any interest in starting one? I know two folks with Teslas in the area who are interested. If we could get a critical mass of five or six owners I think it would be fun. I would even be willing to organize events.

Thoughts?

Excellent! I envision starting off small with some meet-ups and then as we grow we can have bigger events, do some trips, talk about all things Tesla, get T-shirts, the whole nine-yards. I'm definitely open to any ideas as I've never done this before. My car is suppose to arrive at the end of this month, but it hasn't entered production yet so we shall see. I'll tentatively aim to have an event the second weekend in December.

So I just looked into and started setting up a meetup.com group as someone suggested, but it starts at $10 a month, not sure I'm really excited about a pay option. I'd rather use something like a Google+ Community or Facebook group, which offer nearly the same thing without a fee. That or just use this thread to continue to communicate since even non TMC members would be able to read it.

Edit:

For creating a group outside of TMC, personally I'm partial to creating a Google+ Community, though I know more people will have a Facebook account already. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I've gone ahead and created a gmail account for the club so personally I think that means we are legitimate! I'm fine with either a Google+ community or people could PM their email addresses and I can send out emails to the group regarding events. I do think a Facebook account for the club will help us reach other owners in the area but I haven't started one yet. I even considered making a twitter account since Tesla motors and Elon Musk are pretty active on there although I've never been particularly fond of Twitter. I'm thinking December 12th as our first club meetup, maybe mid-afternoon. Probably start with something simple like meeting at a coffee shop with a nice spacious parking lot somewhere central to CH/Durham and Raleigh? Cary might be the most convenient although I've only been there a few times. Anyone know of some good places to meet in Cary?

Count me in! I would prefer a communication option that doesn't require Facebook though if possible.

Ok, to keep things simple:

TeslaRTP.org

This points to a google community I created. It can point to anywhere else we decide to organize or just a static page with info we can update. I'm a big fan of a simple web address that gets people to the info they need that can be verbally given.

The google+ community is set as public but requires approval to join for posting. This would let people be able to see info without having to have an account or log in, but you would need a Google/gmail account and get approved to join/post. For now, I'll just approve anyone that requests it since they likely came from this thread.

edit:
As NCEP suggested above, I added an event for December 12th for an initial meetup. Time and place TBD. The event isn't showing to non members so it looks like posts / pictures will show as public but events are only seen by group members.

Last edited: