Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC - Raleigh/Cary Tesla Owners - Favor to ask

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a couple of weekends I will be heading to NC for a 3 day trip and planning on staying at Homewood Suites in Cary. The hotel has a destination charger on site but the electrician might have left the charger on the default setting of 12a. I contacted the hotel to see if they fixed the issue and I received two different answers. (One time the front desk personal was clueless on what I was talking about and tried to tell me it was not a SC)

If anyone commutes through the area or lives nearby could check to see if the charger is fixed and charging higher than 12a that would be great and much appreciated!

Address is below:
555 Crossroads Blvd,
Cary, NC 27518, United States

Looking forward to your findings, cheers

Here's a map of the location in case any one is wondering:
map.PNG

I just wanted to say thank you for posting, I gave up thinking anyone will answer.

Yea I am aware of the two SC in the area and plan on using them during my stay. I called the hotel again last week and they informed me that they're planning on replacing the charger with a new charger sometime during the week, again that was last week. This whole thing sort of sucks because I booked the hotel for the sole purpose of having a Tesla charger.

I will reach out to them sometime this week and update this thread with any news.

I just wanted to say thank you for posting, I gave up thinking anyone will answer.

Yea I am aware of the two SC in the area and plan on using them during my stay. I called the hotel again last week and they informed me that they're planning on replacing the charger with a new charger sometime during the week, again that was last week. This whole thing sort of sucks because I booked the hotel for the sole purpose of having a Tesla charger.

I will reach out to them sometime this week and update this thread with any news.

Glad to help.....I lived in Cary for 15 years and know the area well.

btw: If your budget permits, the Umstead Hotel has a couple of Tesla chargers out front (just off I40) and valets take care of the vehicles. Great hotel btw.

there are also chargers at target. If you want to go a little out of the way and stay in downtown old school cary where there are multiple breweries and places to eat........i highly recommend the mayton inn. they have 4 chargers.

Reactions: X Fan
I just found this thread. When does your stay start? My car is at the Raleigh SC currently, but if I'm lucky I might be able to bring it home tomorrow and stop by here on the way, if you still need the info.

Bad news my friend... The charger does not work at all.

I plugged in and the car said "check power source."

I went in and asked the girl at the front desk. She checked with her manager and they're waiting on an electrician to come fix it. I asked for an ETA but she just didn't know.

So, sorry about that! But hopefully at least having that information firsthand is helpful to you.

Bad news my friend... The charger does not work at all.

I plugged in and the car said "check power source."

I went in and asked the girl at the front desk. She checked with her manager and they're waiting on an electrician to come fix it. I asked for an ETA but she just didn't know.

So, sorry about that! But hopefully at least having that information firsthand is helpful to you.

I can't thank you enough for doing that. I might have to reconsider my options or just stay there and charge at any of the new near by charges. something about waking up knowing you have full charge is much better than making an additional stop. Again, I can't thank you enough for doing that. I might have to call them on my lunch break and drill down on them for getting an electrician to fix it. I was told that two weeks ago now.

No problem at all! It was directly on my route home, so really it didn't take any more than 5 minutes out of my day. I'm happy to help.

As far as "how was the new car..." I had to laugh a bit! I meant it was in for service, not that it was being newly delivered! I only picked it up 3 months ago though, so I guess it's "kind of" still new, right?? :D

Regardless, it's a great car. Thanks for asking... I hope you're enjoying yours as well! ;D