Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC Service Centers - Charlotte vs Raleigh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So where I live, the Charlotte Service Center is 4 miles closer than the Raleigh one. If it's basically the same drive to either, I'm curious if there's a reason to choose one over the other. I'm working with Charlotte as the delivery point for my order, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both stores? If so, can you share your opinion of whether one is better than the other and why?

Just dipping my toes into the Tesla Ecosystem now.....so I'm hoping you all can share some advice.

So where I live, the Charlotte Service Center is 4 miles closer than the Raleigh one. If it's basically the same drive to either, I'm curious if there's a reason to choose one over the other. I'm working with Charlotte as the delivery point for my order, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both stores? If so, can you share your opinion of whether one is better than the other and why?

Just dipping my toes into the Tesla Ecosystem now.....so I'm hoping you all can share some advice.

I don’t have experience with either, so hopefully someone who does will comment. FWIW, the likely scenario is that it won’t matter that much to you. I have over 92k miles on my Model 3 and have visited Tesla service centers a grand total of 1 time. That was to get some tires and have them flush the AC system b/c of the known “stinky” AC smell issue. Tires and rotations you can get anywhere, and in fact I recently bought tires from a third party shop. Just talk to people in your area and find one that is familiar with Tesla vehicles. Rotations are the only real “regular” maintenance item and for about $200 you can acquire all the tools you need to do that yourself at home.

Good luck to you with the delivery process as that is sometimes challenging. However, once you get your car you will be glad you did and will enjoy driving it every day. Best car I have ever owned.

Gonna be a tough question since Tesla's don't go in for service very often and I think most people stick to the closest one unless there is an issue out of town. Having said that, I have only been to the Raleigh Service center which was built built recently in the place of the abandoned Circuit City, its MUCH bigger than the one that was off 540 but not really the best planning of the layout since they were just working with what they had.

The service experience for me seemed fine for me. There were a few other customers that I saw when I was there and there was only 1 really upset person if that means anything. I think the overall experience is going to be less than expected because most people don't realize that Tesla has been around 1/10th of the time of other car mfg and don't have the process quite down pat yet.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce