Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC State Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread seems to have gotten a bit sidetracked. I need to have my M3 inspected before the end of the month (took delivery last year). Does anyone have a recommendation for a place in the Triangle that has experience doing this? Bonus points if you've actually used them.

This thread seems to have gotten a bit sidetracked. I need to have my M3 inspected before the end of the month (took delivery last year). Does anyone have a recommendation for a place in the Triangle that has experience doing this? Bonus points if you've actually used them.

Already answered in both posts 11 and again in 17.

That's the place Tesla themselves uses for inspections (when they actually remember to do them before delivering cars to customers)

Already answered in both posts 11 and again in 17.

That's the place Tesla themselves uses for inspections (when they actually remember to do them before delivering cars to customers)

Thanks. Given the number of Teslas I see on a daily basis, I suppose I assumed that more than one location exists in the Triangle for getting an inspection done so was soliciting additional responses/options.

I feel like you guys are making this into a bigger deal then it needs to be.
ANY location that does inspections can do a Tesla inspection, when they key in the VIN it will only bring up the safety checks and you will be charged only for the safety not emissions inspection.

~120k miles on our Model X, rarely use the same inspection station in Charlotte.

I agree anybody "can" do one- but it's nice to go to one that routinely does them to the point when you pull in they know to ask for the keycard and don't need how the car works explained to them, since they do all the inspections for the actual delivery center.

Nobody seems to enforce said law though since Tesla appears to continue doing it on virtually every car they deliver far as I can tell.

Presumably the reason the law originally said it was illegal for anybody but the new owner to remove it from the vehicle window though is to prevent a shady dealer from making you think you got something other than what you paid for.

I bet Tesla removes the tags on pillows also, too.........jerks.........

Phil.........I'm really from Raleigh.........

• Funny
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Well, I just went to the Jiffy Lube at kildaire farm in cary, and was turned away. The guy said that "they didn't the equipment" to check these cars. Whatever that means. I'll try Snappy Lube tomorrow, there's a location right on kildaire too, but was closed today (Sunday)

Well, I just went to the Jiffy Lube at kildaire farm in cary, and was turned away. The guy said that "they didn't the equipment" to check these cars. Whatever that means. I'll try Snappy Lube tomorrow, there's a location right on kildaire too, but was closed today (Sunday)

It means they're idiots.

There's no special equipment used at all.

They only do the safety inspection- lights, tires, wipers, glass, horn.

I can't speak to the Snappy Lube in Cary, I've only used the one off Leesville since that's the one Tesla themselves use.

Just did mine this past Tuesday- when I pulled up the guy immediately asked for the card, and then asked if I had PIN to drive enabled- so they know their stuff.

Reactions: ASUComputerGuy

It sounds like the guy at Jiffy Lube has no idea how to inspect an EV. The inspection only includes the basic headlights, turn signal, brake lights and wiper inspections. My local Valvoline shop did not inspect front wheel bearings and suspension last year but did this year. They lifted the front wheels off the ground and checked for side-to-side movement of the bearings and the suspension.

Go to any repair shop that handles Teslas, so you can check them out and see if you want to go to them for routine things. I use Chapel Hill Tire where I buy tires and routine maintenance for ICE vehicles. For new folks, the inspection needs to be done annually and within 90 days of when you pay the combined property tax and registration fee billed pretty soon (which can be done online, but only if there is an active inspection in the system).

Anyone know if the Telsa Service Center on East Independence Blvd (Charlotte) will do the inspection? I have to get an inspection and would like someone familiar with Tesla's to do it and it's not that far from my house. Called them twice and nobody in Service picked up.

Anyone know if the Telsa Service Center on East Independence Blvd (Charlotte) will do the inspection? I have to get an inspection and would like someone familiar with Tesla's to do it and it's not that far from my house. Called them twice and nobody in Service picked up.
They don't!
I believe they do all of their inspections across the street (close to the Dunkin Donuts).

FWIW I've used the jiffy lube at 64 and laura duncan, near the bojangles and toyota dealership, several times and had no issues.