Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NE Scotland folk - is this a new charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

init6

Oct 16, 2020
Scotland
I don't think I've been to the Lido in Peterhead since I got my Tesla, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't the charger that I saw many moons ago. The bubble wrap would indicate it's a new charger as opposed to just faulty (again) Could also explain why that charger doesn't show up on CPS just now. Also 2 Fast chargers right next to this one.

Screenshot 2021-04-18 at 23.04.30.png

It's been wrapped up.lke that since my last visit back in October/November time.. Inverurie is just as bad with 1 site out of ac tion for almost a year. Oldmeldrum is showing as working but I haven't been that far North in months. I had hoped with the council starting to charge that they might have got all the sites working, but it seems not. The ones in Angus abd Highland are still free if that helps.

Last edited:
Fraserburgh has a new charger the same as that one, it has been erected for over a year and still not commissioned. There are problems with the parking spaces as well, which I don't think will be that easy to sort out.

It's been wrapped up.lke that since my last visit back in October/November time.. Inverurie is just as bad with 1 site out of ac tion for almost a year. Oldmeldrum is showing as working but I haven't been that far North in months. I had hoped with the council starting to charge that they might have got all the sites working, but it seems not. The ones in Angus abd Highland are still free if that helps.
This summer I am due to drive from canterbury to inverurie via newcastle to visit family and am considering my options, what are my charging options in Inverurie?
Should I take my M3 or my ICE instead for the family break?

There are quite a few Superchargers in Scotland now including Aberdeen with 8 Stalls which is the nearest to Inverurie. You can also use Chargeplace Scotland which like all Public Charging is less reliable and some Councils now charge for it's use.

Reactions: Jamin
Inverurie (and all Aberdeenshire chargers) will be chargeable @21p kWh for CPS chargers, so not much cheaper than the Supercharger at Aberdeen, only problem with the Aberdeen Supercharger is it's a little bit off route to Inverurie as you would normally take the AWPR at Stonehaven to go to Inverurie but it's not a huge difference.

Reactions: Jamin
Darn, I'd hoped it was the start of working chargers. Makes visiting the mother in law a bit easier, so not sure why I'm worrying :)

Theres always the supercharger in Altens. Bit of a drive from Peterhead though.
We tend to charge at Dundee on the way up and Aberdeen on the way down. Theoretically we could get from Glasgow to Peterhead on one charge, but would like the comfort of being able to charge once we get there. Of course stopping an Aberdeen also means you don't get the advantage of the bypass.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Has any of the chargers ever worked at the lido in Peterhead, The one at the Dr's Health Centre seems to be working but now seems to be being used more often than not now. Where 12 months ago it was always an empty space.

Was at Ikea in Aberdeen (The Click and collect place) and thought since I don't own a Tesla and still working up the courage to put forward a proposal to get a M3 (Wife / Co Company director owner has never spent more than £12K on a car and thinks £41K is just plain stupid even if our LTD Company is paying for it) that I would swing past the Tesla Garage since it was just across the road and noticed that 50% of the Superchargers there seemed to have covers over them

50% of the Superchargers there seemed to have covers over them
IIRC there was damage during a storm that caused one of the power cabinets to fall over - thus taking out 4 of the superchargers. When I was there on Sunday it did fill up while we were there, but one car left within 5mins and we left another 5 mins later. People tend not to sit on Superchargers for very long.