Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NE Tesla Owners Socially Distanced Scenic Drive Meetup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to check-in to see if any of the Northeast Tesla owners wanted to put together a few scheduled point-to-point scenic drives on good weather days as an excuse to get out of the house and enjoy some of the nice drives we have in the area. Please check-in if you are interested and I can put together a schedule of dates and locations. Stay safe!

NoLongerAFenceSitter
Q4 2018 Model 3 Owner

Interested for sure, depending on day/time (still working... from home). This is probably a bit longer and farther out that what you may have in mind, but a few Tesla owners did a socially distanced meetup and drive a few weeks ago with the following route. It was pretty much an all day event given the driving distance added to get to/from the starting point at the Lincoln, NH supercharger.

upload_2020-5-6_9-6-27.png

Interested for sure, depending on day/time (still working... from home). This is probably a bit longer and farther out that what you may have in mind, but a few Tesla owners did a socially distanced meetup and drive a few weeks ago with the following route. It was pretty much an all day event given the driving distance added to get to/from the starting point at the Lincoln, NH supercharger.

View attachment 539163

Tdreamer that's a gorgeous drive - love the drive up through Franconia Notch and the return along the Kancamagus is very pretty. (I laugh every time I drive past the "no gas for 30 miles" sign.)

FenceSitter I might be interested depending on timing. A drive up the Maine coast could be pretty too...

P.S. First TMC Community post

I wanted to check-in to see if any of the Northeast Tesla owners wanted to put together a few scheduled point-to-point scenic drives on good weather days as an excuse to get out of the house and enjoy some of the nice drives we have in the area. Please check-in if you are interested and I can put together a schedule of dates and locations. Stay safe!

NoLongerAFenceSitter
Q4 2018 Model 3 Owner

Let me know when your plan solidifies. As the Organizer of the "New England Tesla Motors Club" Meetup Group, I can post the details there. New England Tesla Motors Club (Boston, MA)

One note of caution. Is New Hampshire welcoming for those of us without NH plates?

Let me know when your plan solidifies. As the Organizer of the "New England Tesla Motors Club" Meetup Group, I can post the details there. New England Tesla Motors Club (Boston, MA)

One note of caution. Is New Hampshire welcoming for those of us without NH plates?
Same type of signs as Mass - visitors arriving to stay in NH are requested to Qtn for 14 days.

The only area in our region there are travel restrictions appear to be I95 north entering RI from CT, where all non-commercial non-CT vehicles are diverted into a rest stop to a checkpoint manned by the RI National Guard MPs. They ask you where you are headed and send you on your way. No checkpoint southbound entering RI from MA - just northbound. Over this past weekend I came through that checkpoint and, when asked, said I was returning home to MA. They said thank you sir... you can pull your car over and park. We'll call you an Uber to get you the rest of the way home. After a contemplative pause, I said no thanks. She (the MP) smiled, said nice car, and then have a nice day. True story.

They said thank you sir... you can pull your car over and park. We'll call you an Uber to get you the rest of the way home. After a contemplative pause, I said no thanks. She (the MP) smiled, said nice car, and then have a nice day. True story.

Wait, let me get this straight because I must be missing something here. You're driving from CT into RI (I assume on 95) on your way home to MA. And they want you to leave your car at the checkpoint, and they pay for an UBER to drive you the rest of the way to Bedford? From the RI border, isn't that about 100 miles? That's one expensive UBER.

And their motivation is to make sure you don't stop in RI due to COVID, so they're forcing you to take an UBER? But you can just "opt out" with a "no thanks" and that's OK? Then what's the freaking point of the UBER in the first place? Who would just leave their own car stranded at the border potentially hundreds of miles away if they can just opt-out so easily? I don't get it.

Tdreamer that's a gorgeous drive - love the drive up through Franconia Notch and the return along the Kancamagus is very pretty. (I laugh every time I drive past the "no gas for 30 miles" sign.)

FenceSitter I might be interested depending on timing. A drive up the Maine coast could be pretty too...

P.S. First TMC Community post
Maine has a 14 day quarantine for People From Away.
So, please don't come here.

But please come later when restrictions are removed.

Wait, let me get this straight because I must be missing something here. You're driving from CT into RI (I assume on 95) on your way home to MA. And they want you to leave your car at the checkpoint, and they pay for an UBER to drive you the rest of the way to Bedford? From the RI border, isn't that about 100 miles? That's one expensive UBER.

And their motivation is to make sure you don't stop in RI due to COVID, so they're forcing you to take an UBER? But you can just "opt out" with a "no thanks" and that's OK? Then what's the freaking point of the UBER in the first place? Who would just leave their own car stranded at the border potentially hundreds of miles away if they can just opt-out so easily? I don't get it.

She was kidding... a humorous approach to showing her appreciation for the car.