Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Near Constant Notifications of Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, not often I try to posts issues I have with my Model 3 (mostly because I haven't had many) but I am away from my home on an extended work trip (will come home every 4 weeks) and left my model 3 plugged it as you should with it set ~70%. The issue that has just seemingly started is after a few days, when after being asleep for some time, the car chargers as it should to bring it back up to the set level. However, the last couple of times it has done that, I get the notification or charging, charging complete, charging, charging complete, ad naseum for like a half hour or so before it finally stops. Anyone else experience this? I am not too overly concerned, as when I do inspect the car through the phone, all seems nominal, however, it does seem excessive. Disclaimer, I don't check in on the car save maybe once a day, so I am not constantly waking it up.

Service looked at the multiple charging notifications on my iPhone yesterday and pulled the car's logs. They noted that a s/w update was pending for several days while the charging statered and stopped. Also, now there was another update pending so I did the update without the cable connected and then connected the cable. Overnight, charging began as scheduled and did not restart.

I am using a Model S UMC cable.

The next test will be to charge using the Model 3 UMC when an update is pending. So, we don’t know if one of the updates fixed the problem or it’s related to a pending update when the charge cable is connected.

I just started experiencing this within the past few days. Notifications every few hours. Charging is set to 70% and I even reduced it to 65% to see if I’d continue to receive these notifications and they’re still coming. I’m on FW 50.0 and have iPhone X. Anyone else having these constant notifications?