Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Near delivery change TO FSD Selection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will cancelling the FSD option cancel my June delivery?. SC says FSD Y is June, got the texts, but no VIN. Absolutely do not want it.

Just drove the FSD. See my driving dynamics post.

Now I have to drive a demo that does not have FSD. My gen 1 autopilot in P85D is smooth. FSD Raven was jerky, to say the least. Hoping it’s just the optional FSD, and not the standard autopilot.

As some may recall when they went to gen 2 autopilot, it did not catch up to gen 1 for many many months.

In any event will they cancel my production date? It is just software, right?

...In any event will they cancel my production date? It is just software, right?

Yes, it's software enabled so it's also software disabled.

Whether canceling will get your automation more smoothly is another issue.

If you cancel your FSD you just won't have:

Auto Lane Change
Navigation on Autopilot on highways
AutoPark
Summon
Traffic lights and stop signs automatic stop (mostly stop even when lights are green for now, automatic go when green will be in future)

And lastly:

Navigation on Autopilot in city soon but not now.

As I drive now on gen 1 autopilot, I can go down AIA and turn autopilot on and off with a finger press (on the new ones its a flick). With FSD stopping at every light red or green, every yield sign, car on not, and hesitating at every pedestrian crossing pillar, I will not get to relax at all.

Just want to make sure you’re aware that FSD goes up to $8,000 in July so don’t wait too long or it’ll cost you $1,000.
That's true. But not including it in the vehicle price results in savings every year at registration time (which is based on the original price less depreciation). And you get credit card perks.

But I'm hoping to get my MY before the end of June to then buy FSD immediately post-delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
For me, it pushes the car over $63k, so no $3k excise tax credit (if MD chooses to fund it again) and a higher insurance cost (based off vehicle cost). Adding at after my late June delivery is the clear winner in my situation.

Reactions: rxlawdude
For me, it pushes the car over $63k, so no $3k excise tax credit (if MD chooses to fund it again) and a higher insurance cost (based off vehicle cost). Adding at after my late June delivery is the clear winner in my situation.
Have you worked out any of the actual math on this? Except for the tax credit, I cant argue that. (Note, I am not being sarcastic, I am genuinely asking this question.)

I paid 6k.. should be 8k soon. So let's say I lose $2,000.
Okay well, at worst credit card will give 1% back. So 8k payment * 1% = $80.
$1920 remaining.
How much of a variance should it make on insurance and registration fees? Making up $1920 would take quite a long time.