Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Near perfect delivery in Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, what an afternoon!

I ordered my DBM LR MY with 19", FSD and a tow hitch on August 22nd. On the 27th I got a VIN and scheduled for pickup in Oakville today (10th). All of the information I've been reading here over the last 3 weeks has been great in giving me a list of things to look for.

When I arrived, my delivery guy told me it was just getting charged up to 90 and then would be on its way out. He had gone over it and only found one issue - an 1" long scratch on the rear driver side window. Photographed and will schedule to get the glass replaced. I found two small paint chips and had them touch them up before I left.

Panel gaps were perfect, taillights and charger nice and flush, all the glass and doors looked symmetrical, and it was a great drive back home to Waterloo.

All charged up at home and off to meet with the PPF/ceramic guy hopefully tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I smiled at everyone on the way home, or at least they thought I was smiling at them!

I had them remove the cover and I actually picked up a spare cover as well. I'm going to see if I can remove a few of the clips on one of them. They wouldn't sell me a pigtail for the brake controller since it isn't a model Y part, so I've reached out to someone with an X and will see how that goes.

• Informative
Reactions: Koolio46
Hey I guess you're on the MY spreadsheet and you're from Waterloo? I also live in Waterloo!
I'm picking up my white LR MY in Oakville on 9/16. Fingers crossed, hopefully I'll get a perfect one. Really don't want to refuse it because I don't have any vehicle to drive atm...

This is good news. I've already turned down my first Model Y because of its many defects; expecting another one this week (holding breath). As for charging, I already have a Model S. For everyday use, the Tesla charger is superior. Quick, simple, no hassles. But you'll need to add--whatever the price is now, close to $1K Canadian--for the Tesla charger privilege (+ cable + 40A/50A breaker + labour). For occasional visits, I had a NEMA 14-50 installed at my wife's parent's place in Sudbury, which was fine. The Tesla charger is a pretty simple device, and in my opinion, having a "Tesla certified" electrician is unnecessary. In my case, an equal cost of the install at my house was the 100 ft of armoured Teck cable required to reach to the back of the property.