Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Near perfect White VIN 33XXX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my Model Y, VIN 33XXX, white, black int, 20" induction, +tow hitch. Car was nearly perfect in every way.

Right rear door could do with a slight alignment, frunk is ever so slightly depressed, but not worth worrying about, and just noticed condensation in right taillight. Right rear seat back is slightly raised vs left, but not enough worth worrying about. Paint and interior are all good!

Even AC seems to be cooling well, although I haven't SCed yet. I did notice a rattle when driving ~40mph on roads, it sounds like a loose seatbelt (you know when it rattles against the pillar?). But fit and finish are great.

Also, coming from a Mazda CX-9 and BMW 430, I don't notice any rougher ride with the 20" wheels, and this is on NJ streets! Ride is great.

Car looks amazing! Love it!
9DAE4EF3-8006-4859-A628-BAA8CC973431.jpeg
460EFB8B-C8CA-465D-952F-F1D22E3A2211.jpeg

Wow.. your panel gaps are 100X better then what we've been seeing lately. Doors are very close to a perfect color match with the body.

Both doors on the side we see need minor alignment, but thankfully that's easy and no re-painting needed.

Congrats!!!

Reactions: MackleMonster
Gaps do look good.

why am I seeing shading a little off and possibly some splotchiness in the door paint?

I know people will say it’s just the camera and the angles, but the MY seems to be the only white cars I’m seeing pictures of that have me seeing off shades and splotches in the doors.

After seeing a friend’s white MY in person and seeing splotches, I know it’s a real thing. My friend’s door shading matches his fenders at least, so that’s a positive

Reactions: Kevin66
Gaps do look good.

why am I seeing shading a little off and possibly some splotchiness in the door paint?

I know people will say it’s just the camera and the angles, but the MY seems to be the only white cars I’m seeing pictures of that have me seeing off shades and splotches in the doors.

After seeing a friend’s white MY in person and seeing splotches, I know it’s a real thing. My friend’s door shading matches his fenders at least, so that’s a positive
Can't see any non matching paint in person, only in pics. Maybe it's because of the shape of the panels, they reflect differently. But in person, it looks pretty good.

Reactions: raggedy
I picked up that same rattle in my wife’s MY. It’s coming from the seat belt shoulder anchor adjusters. It comes and goes and I can barely pick it up.

I was going to schedule a service visit when I asked my wife if she could hear it. She said, “No, don’t hear a thing.” So rather than risk something else happening during service, I’m just going to let it ride, haha!!

Oh, and congrats on the beautiful MY!!

I picked up my model Y this morning at the Springfield NJ center too! The gaps were all good, paint looked good and the car looked great. Great experience as the team let me take all the time I wanted to check out car and there were only two small issues. The right back seat a little higher than the left seat and the drivers side back door needs a little alignment. Other than that really happy with the car and the delivery experience.
FYI, this was my 4th vin# as the purchase experience was less than good! I’m glad I stuck with it and have an amazing vehicle.