Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nearly brand new 90 kWh Ludicrous battery pack, v3 - LIMITED TIME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's happening! (again). ;)

upload_2020-9-23_15-7-59.png

My rudimentary math says my degradation has my 2015 p85d battery down to about 77%ish of original capacity. Fortunately for me that's not really a limiting factor in any trips I take for at least 360 days of the year. With my luck on the last day of the battery warranty it'll still be 71% and the warranty will expire worthless and at that point I'll probably have an appetite for this upgrade. Hopefully 100KWh batteries are plentiful and cheap by then ;)

My rudimentary math says my degradation has my 2015 p85d battery down to about 77%ish of original capacity. Fortunately for me that's not really a limiting factor in any trips I take for at least 360 days of the year. With my luck on the last day of the battery warranty it'll still be 71% and the warranty will expire worthless and at that point I'll probably have an appetite for this upgrade. Hopefully 100KWh batteries are plentiful and cheap by then ;)

Your battery doesn't have a degradation warranty. It could drop to 50% and you still wouldn't be covered for a warranty claim. (The unlimited mileage warranty only covers failures. The new limited mileage warranty is what covers more than 30% degradation.)

Your battery doesn't have a degradation warranty. It could drop to 50% and you still wouldn't be covered for a warranty claim. (The unlimited mileage warranty only covers failures. The new limited mileage warranty is what covers more than 30% degradation.)

Could you elaborate. You say the warranty wouldn't cover it even if it drops to 50%. You then refer to the new limited mileage warranty that does cover 30% degradation. My understanding is that the new limited mileage warranty retroactively covers all cars. Are you saying it only covers cars sold since its offering or are you thinking I'd be over the 150k miles by then? I'm at under 50k now so I don't think I'll drive another 100k miles by then, if that was your point.

My understanding is that the new limited mileage warranty retroactively covers all cars. Are you saying it only covers cars sold since its offering or are you thinking I'd be over the 150k miles by then? I'm at under 50k now so I don't think I'll drive another 100k miles by then, if that was your point.

Tesla can't retroactively change the warranty on a vehicle. So you still have the 8-year/unlimited mileage warranty you have always had.

The new 8-year/150k mileage warranty only applies to new S/X vehicles sold after Tesla made that change to the warranty terms.