Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nearly brand new 90 kWh Ludicrous battery pack, v3 - LIMITED TIME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
***SOLD (first one)***
See latest posts for availability.

---

So, I ended up with a nearly brand new (~3000 miles) "90" pack, v3, manufacture date of August 2018.

It's in perfect shape. Has 83.2 kWh usable (works out to ~270 miles in a P90D, ~292 in a 90D, or 282 in a 90/P90 RWD).

BMS_nominalFullPackEnergyRemaining,83.200
BMS_energyBuffer,4.000

I feel bad breaking this down into modules, so figure I'll check here if anyone wants this thing first.

So, I'm going to throw out a few options:

• Buy the whole pack and do whatever you want with it
    • $24,000 + freight (or come pick it up)
  • I'll upgrade your P85D (L or non-L) to a P90DL, 85D to 90D, 85 to 90, or P85 to P90 at my shop
    • $5000 + your decent condition 85 pack + get your car here and back.
  • I'll upgrade your 60D, 70D, 75D to a 90D; or 60 (sw locked), 70, 75 to a 90:
    • $8000 + your decent condition 70/75 pack + get your car here and back.
    • If you don't have air suspension, add $1500 for upgraded coils
  • I'll upgrade your 60 or 40 (original 2015 or older) to a 90:
    • $16,000 your decent condition 60 pack + get your car here and back.
  • I'll upgrade your 85D to a P90DL, or your 85 to a P90:
    • $11,000 + your 85 pack + your good condition rear motor + get your car here and back.
  • I'll upgrade your 60D, 70D, or 75D to a P90DL:
    • $14,000 + your 85 pack + your small rear motor + get your car here and back.
  • I'll upgrade your 85 to a P90:
    • $11,000 + your 85 pack + your good condition rear motor + get your car here and back.

The sky is kind of the limit here. Can also do some more custom updates... like, a RWD P90++. If the combination you want isn't here, let me know.

Anyway, I need to do something with this pack by about Tuesday. So if no takers by then, it's going to go through my normal processes and be gone forever. I just figured it would be a bit of a waste to not at least offer it to someone who might want it first.

PM me if interested in any of the above. Would need a deal made and arranged as soon as possible.

Edit: Some photos: https://skie.net/uploads/90

Edit: Warranty implications: There would be no more Tesla warranty on the battery pack. They consider it an aftermarket part at that point, and won't touch it. If upgrading performance (non-L to L), technically Tesla could give a hard time on warranty work for the drive unit(s)... but thus far I've not heard of this happening.
Hi I would like to get in contact with you I have a p85+ I would like to upgrade

Limited time again: Have a one year old 100 pack that's ready to go to an MCU1 dual motor S or X owner at a good price... or a RWD S owner with loads of money to burn who wants a P100++ for some reason.

Charges to 324 rated miles at 100% in the 2015 non-P dual motor I have it in temporarily. Supercharges peak at 147 kW.

Ludicrous+ capable pack if upgrading a P85D or P90D.

Upgrade price starts at $21k + core pack if coming from a working dual motor 85 or 90 pack. Parts + labor included, parts to upgrade to Ludicrous included at no cost if car is compatible (PxxD).

Would need to pull the trigger within the next few days to get this deal.

Edit: Hopefully this gets approved quickly enough, otherwise someone on Twitter might get this pack before anyone here even sees this msg.

Edit: My subsequent 3 posts haven't been approved yet - But this is sold and gone as of ~4PM ET.

Last edited:
Limited time again: Have a one year old 100 pack that's ready to go to an MCU1 dual motor S or X owner at a good price... or a RWD S owner with loads of money to burn who wants a P100++ for some reason.

Charges to 324 rated miles at 100% in the 2015 non-P dual motor I have it in temporarily. Supercharges peak at 147 kW.

Ludicrous+ capable pack if upgrading a P85D or P90D.

Upgrade price starts at $21k + core pack if coming from a working dual motor 85 or 90 pack. Parts + labor included, parts to upgrade to Ludicrous included at no cost if car is compatible (PxxD).

Would need to pull the trigger within the next few days to get this deal.

Edit: Hopefully this gets approved quickly enough, otherwise someone on Twitter might get this pack before anyone here even sees this msg.
Can a refreshed June 2016 75D (with air suspension) be upgraded to a P100D with this battery? Or is the P (non ludicrous) restricted to only P models (P85D or P90D) ?

Can a refreshed June 2016 75D (with air suspension) be upgraded to a P100D with this battery? Or is the P (non ludicrous) restricted to only P models (P85D or P90D) ?

Yes and no. The motor and HV wiring would need to be upgraded as well. This is actually way more difficult on the refreshed models, but can be done assuming we have the parts in stock (we usually do). However, you'd be buying one of the newer drive units which are the most expensive also.

Long story short, I don't recommend it, but it can be done if you're willing to put out the cash. Would close to double the upgrade cost.

Also, see my upgrade table that I forgot to link in my last post. Basically if you have a 75D, you end up with a 100D. If you have a P85D you end up with a P100D, etc.

wow that's nearly 100 more mile range than my P85DL+. Is that right? I charge to about high 230 100% which I only done 3 times and then leave for my trip immediately

If my car was paid off and out of ext warranty I would do this

Slightly less for a performance, since the rear motor is less efficient. I think it'd be around 300 miles, though.

You only lose the warranty on the battery itself with the upgrade, so there's that.

aign.gif

Sorry for the cross-post, but, wanted to make sure folks here wanting notifications didn't miss it: