Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nearly brand new 90 kWh Ludicrous battery pack, v3 - LIMITED TIME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG, yes! On the drive down to the shop, I made use of "Insane" mode several times at highway speeds just to get a fresh baseline in my head. I also did a few 0-to-whatever launches in Insane mode (not using 'launch mode'). But after the new pack was installed, in every aspect (launches, highway passing, etc) the acceleration is significantly improved..and not just by a little, but by a lot! Sometimes I tap the peddle a little to quickly and it's quick to remind me "Hey buddy, you have Ludicrous mode now!!! Chill out a little.".

I have yet to actually try 'Launch Mode' as it's not easy finding a suitable stretch of road around here.
Congratulations!!!! I feel like a kid in a candy store reading your summary even though its not my car lol!

Considering you already had a very fast car to begin with, I can't even begin to fathom what the difference would be going from a 75D to a P90DL is.............................

One day when when I have the cash to burn, I would love to do this................

One day when when I have the cash to burn, I would love to do this................

Yeah, I've done a lot of upgrades to my car and this is the best one so far. I mean I love the front camera kit, and the Light Harmonic upgraded stereo amp (so amazing!).. I guess it's a package deal -- I can't see selling or replacing this car for the foreseeable future.

Quick update:

1. I took my car in for service last week for a jammed rear hatch (bad cinching motor) and faulty door handle, and had both fixed under the ESA. Not a peep out of them about the 90kWh battery or Ludicrous mode on a P85D.

2. Badging is now complete. Achievement Unlocked!
upload_2019-10-1_14-39-1.png

e5dcb12a-89c5-4417-b88d-099ac07654f6

Last edited:
I need a personalized forum crawler bot to notify me immediately when a new thread is started containing the magical combination of “wk057” AND “90” AND “ludicrous” so I can turn my P85D into a P90DL before anyone else grabs it next time he finds one. I mean I’m practically walking distance to Hickory...