Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nearly Perfect Model Y Delivery 09/30

Xminus6

Sep 3, 2015
Bay Area, CA
We took delivery of our new Model Y LR on Wednesday at Quarter Close. As someone who has owned three previous Teslas (2014 S85, 2016 X90D, 2018 LR RWD 3) I have to say this car was delivered with the least flaws of any of them. There are VERY minor panel alignment issues that I want to have addressed. I believe I'm getting some wind noise from the leading edge of the Charge Port Door sticking out from the Quarter panel by <1mm. The car overall is noticeably sturdier than the Models S and X that we've previously bought. The Y feels much more rigid and responsive than either of those cars did.

I did notice that there are some light paint abrasions on the hood that are almost exactly consistent with similar marks on the hood of my Model X. They must have a robot that uses suction cups there that causes a bit of paint hazing. Seems like they should have cleaned that up in the past 4 years or maybe they usually just try to buff it out before delivery.

I was pleasantly surprised and the at-home delivery system is pretty neat. Oddly, the person who delivered our car had to take an Uber back to the Delivery Center, which took a long time since we live in a Semi-Rural area without a lot of Uber drivers.

Wanted to throw in my comments as people usually only post when there are problems. So as a long-time Tesla owner and TSLA holder, I'm pleased with how nicely this car is put together.

Reactions: jpfive and stactum

azjohn

Oct 12, 2018
Virginia
tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: jpfive

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC