Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nearly Perfect Model Y Delivery 09/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery of our new Model Y LR on Wednesday at Quarter Close. As someone who has owned three previous Teslas (2014 S85, 2016 X90D, 2018 LR RWD 3) I have to say this car was delivered with the least flaws of any of them. There are VERY minor panel alignment issues that I want to have addressed. I believe I'm getting some wind noise from the leading edge of the Charge Port Door sticking out from the Quarter panel by <1mm. The car overall is noticeably sturdier than the Models S and X that we've previously bought. The Y feels much more rigid and responsive than either of those cars did.

I did notice that there are some light paint abrasions on the hood that are almost exactly consistent with similar marks on the hood of my Model X. They must have a robot that uses suction cups there that causes a bit of paint hazing. Seems like they should have cleaned that up in the past 4 years or maybe they usually just try to buff it out before delivery.

I was pleasantly surprised and the at-home delivery system is pretty neat. Oddly, the person who delivered our car had to take an Uber back to the Delivery Center, which took a long time since we live in a Semi-Rural area without a lot of Uber drivers.

Wanted to throw in my comments as people usually only post when there are problems. So as a long-time Tesla owner and TSLA holder, I'm pleased with how nicely this car is put together.

Reactions: jpfive and stactum
tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: jpfive