Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neat Model 3 "Easter Egg" found

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
There's a well-known Tesla "Easter Egg" on the Model S where you can call up a hidden photo of the original Model S development team.

Not sure if this has already been reported, but, on a hunch, I tried the same trick on our Model 3, and sure enough, it's there, and of course the photo is updated to now show what presumably is the core team of developers of the Model 3, and this time Elon is front and center.

Press your "T" (Tesla Logo) on the top of the main screen to bring up your standard "About" dialog box. Now press and hold the big "3" in the "Model 3" label for about 10 seconds. The little rendering of your car will race off to the left side of the screen and get replaced with a photo of the Tesla Model 3 development team.

mJxDUIJDRLqv8YtmReopwA.jpg

There's a well-known Tesla "Easter Egg" on the Model S where you can call up a hidden photo of the original Model S development team.

Not sure if this has already been reported, but, on a hunch, I tried the same trick on our Model 3, and sure enough, it's there, and of course the photo is updated to now show what presumably is the core team of developers of the Model 3, and this time Elon is front and center.

Press your "T" (Tesla Logo) on the top of the main screen to bring up your standard "About" dialog box. Now press and hold the big "3" in the "Model 3" label for about 10 seconds. The little rendering of your car will race off to the left side of the screen and get replaced with a photo of the Tesla Model 3 development team.

Thanks for sharing this :).

View attachment 270403
Thanks for this info! Hope you don’t mind, I linked to your post on the M3OC forum for them to see these too.

View attachment 270403

Well done!

320 miles? Is this Model 3 record?

Not sure if this has already been reported, but, on a hunch, I tried the same trick on our Model 3, and sure enough, it's there, and of course the photo is updated to now show what presumably is the core team of developers of the Model 3 .....snip......
just wondering - how many of that lot have been canned
:p

• Funny
Reactions: JoshG
My slight disappointment with this easter egg has always been that as the little rendering of your car races off to the left of the screen, its wheels don't spin. It kinda slides off screen rather than drives. I mean, where are their UI engineers' priorities? They couldn't animate the spinning wheels? Sloppy. :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: sammyfan711
After I posted this I realized this was the mileage - at first I thought it was the state of charge :)
Ah - got it. Yes, that would be impressive. I've done a full "Trip" charge at a supercharger and it stopped at 310, just as claimed. I even let it do a full 15 minute "rebalance" or whatever it does after it finishes charging but keeps drawing power, and it never got above 310.