Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We may be moving to Aurora, NE very soon. We will have to install either an outlet or HPWC at the house we're moving to. Any demand for HPWC? We are thinking about upgrading to that.

Well, I could have used that on my last trip. We got in very late the night before leaving and the car didn't quite charge enough to make it to Salina, so we had to wait an hour and a half to get enough range. Stopping in Aurora would have cut that to about 30 minutes.

For sure, I would take advantage of an Aurora HPWC. I do think the Grand Island and North Platte areas will come on-line within the next 12 months. But, until then, it would be great to have something that close to GI and near I-80. Thanks for posting, and good luck if you make the move.

We may be moving to Aurora, NE very soon. We will have to install either an outlet or HPWC at the house we're moving to. Any demand for HPWC? We are thinking about upgrading to that.

I'm trying to convince my folks to pickup a Tesla, and they are located in Thedford NE ~145 miles south of the Murdo, SD SC, and 65 miles north of North Platte, NE (I-80). They travel to Grand Island to do most of the their shopping on a regular basis, and travel to Lincoln, NE, and Springfield, MO when they aren't doing road trips. (Going north to Murdo, in order to get to Lincoln, NE or Springfield, MO is somewhat unpalatable). I'm pretty sure he is going to install a NEMA 14-50 in Thedford, and probably upgrade it to a HPWC if(when) he gets a Tesla.

I'm trying to convince my folks to pickup a Tesla, and they are located in Thedford NE ~145 miles south of the Murdo, SD SC, and 65 miles north of North Platte, NE (I-80). They travel to Grand Island to do most of the their shopping on a regular basis, and travel to Lincoln, NE, and Springfield, MO when they aren't doing road trips. (Going north to Murdo, in order to get to Lincoln, NE or Springfield, MO is somewhat unpalatable). I'm pretty sure he is going to install a NEMA 14-50 in Thedford, and probably upgrade it to a HPWC if(when) he gets a Tesla.
While not the straightest route, there is a CHAdeMO located in Norfolk at a Nissan dealer.

While not the straightest route, there is a CHAdeMO located in Norfolk at a Nissan dealer.

You'd be well-advised to call first and also call during the equivalent day of the week you will be travelling. My experience (in my blog) to Fargo, MN in 2013 at a dealer charger was a waste of my time, as the power "went off" in the whole building. Remember, it's not Nissan, it's Jim-Bob's Nissan of Norfolk.

Not Omaha

There are no Superchargers in Omaha. There are NONE in Nebraska. There is one in Council Bluffs Iowa however..which is 10 miles or so from Omaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, how'd the Tesla sale go? Still no Superchargers in GI. :-(
Is the Cow Poke Inn still going?

They are still interested in a Tesla, and enjoy driving mine when they visit. I think the price and charging infrastructure are the blocking issues at the minute. I expect a pre-owned in their future once there are superchargers along I-80 in Nebraska, so that they could actually go somewhere besides South Dakota.
The CowPoke building is still there, but it isn't open much (if at all). I've heard that when it is, it is just a local bar now - nothing for food.

They are still interested in a Tesla, and enjoy driving mine when they visit. I think the price and charging infrastructure are the blocking issues at the minute. I expect a pre-owned in their future once there are superchargers along I-80 in Nebraska, so that they could actually go somewhere besides South Dakota.
The CowPoke building is still there, but it isn't open much (if at all). I've heard that when it is, it is just a local bar now - nothing for food.

After much delay our transfer is finally going through. We should be moved to Aurora, NE by April and we will be putting in a HPWC as soon as possible once we are moved in.

There are no Superchargers in Omaha. There are NONE in Nebraska. There is one in Council Bluffs Iowa however..which is 10 miles or so from Omaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to ask what may be a stupid question, but WHY are there no superchargers in Nebrakska? Folks cross I-80 all the time. Is there some legal thing here that I missed that's preventing chargers from being built?

Sorry to ask what may be a stupid question, but WHY are there no superchargers in Nebrakska? Folks cross I-80 all the time. Is there some legal thing here that I missed that's preventing chargers from being built?

I think Tesla just hasn't gotten to it yet. Their 2016 map shows 4 SCs going into NE in 2016. They've only been at it for a couple years, and these things take time. Perhaps they haven't been able to find any suitable sites so far. Tesla is pretty tight-lipped about SC installations so it's a bit difficult to know exactly why.

signal-2016-04-05-140830[1].jpeg

The HPWC has been installed. It's available to anyone who needs a charge. We just ask that anyone who uses it pays for the electricity. $2.50/hour with a max fee of $10.

We have it listed on PlugShare.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zroiron
View attachment 170849

The HPWC has been installed. It's available to anyone who needs a charge. We just ask that anyone who uses it pays for the electricity. $2.50/hour with a max fee of $10.

We have it listed on PlugShare.

I'm planning on taking a trip to visit my folks with my Model S next summer. I may plan on a visit, if that ends up working. Thanks for helping bridge the challenging charging landscape in that area.