Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All in due time. We all wish the supercharger system would build out faster. If all the 'Tesla Killer' manufacturers would contribute even a small amount, the system would be more robust. We all have an opportunity to elect officials on the city, state and national level that will help tear down barriers and laws. I hope we utilize this opportunity to further the cause. Its a shame, IMO, that we are prohibited to put solar panels on our homes in Omaha. OPPD charges substantially more for electricity than its neighboring competitor Mid-American energy. Why? Omaha and NE and many other municipalities have politicians that rely on these businesses' money for reelection and therefore, their interests take priority over ours. We have no one to blame but ourselves, lets get out there and make a difference.

All in due time. We all wish the supercharger system would build out faster. If all the 'Tesla Killer' manufacturers would contribute even a small amount, the system would be more robust. We all have an opportunity to elect officials on the city, state and national level that will help tear down barriers and laws. I hope we utilize this opportunity to further the cause. Its a shame, IMO, that we are prohibited to put solar panels on our homes in Omaha. OPPD charges substantially more for electricity than its neighboring competitor Mid-American energy. Why? Omaha and NE and many other municipalities have politicians that rely on these businesses' money for reelection and therefore, their interests take priority over ours. We have no one to blame but ourselves, lets get out there and make a difference.

Msksus1,
I live in Omaha and have solar panels I installed on my roof. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

The stretch between Lincoln and Gothenburg is 192 miles. Tesla will put something in between as that's too far for Model 60s and 3s. At Winter-Interstate speeds, it's almost too far for a regular 85. At this point, Grand Island would be a natural for the "filler" spot.

The stretch between Lincoln and Gothenburg is 192 miles. Tesla will put something in between as that's too far for Model 60s and 3s. At Winter-Interstate speeds, it's almost too far for a regular 85. At this point, Grand Island would be a natural for the "filler" spot.
i think there was a post or two that mentioned one in Grand Island. This was according to the Construction Guy who said they were working on Ogallala, Gothenburg and Grand island at the same time. AFAIK, nobody has attempted to scout out Grand Island yet this week. Hopefully my father will take a look around Kearney today or tomorrow.

Reactions: msksus1
i think there was a post or two that mentioned one in Grand Island. This was according to the Construction Guy who said they were working on Ogallala, Gothenburg and Grand island at the same time. AFAIK, nobody has attempted to scout out Grand Island yet this week. Hopefully my father will take a look around Kearney today or tomorrow.
FWIW, I checked all the permits from 2016 here and there aren't any business permits for electric vehicle charging. Not sure how conclusive that is, but at least it'll save future thread participants from wasting their time as I did. :)

FWIW, I checked all the permits from 2016 here and there aren't any business permits for electric vehicle charging. Not sure how conclusive that is, but at least it'll save future thread participants from wasting their time as I did. :)
Thanks. I've been checking or subscribing to various towns for months but never heard about anything beforehand besides Lincoln. Ogallala and Gothenburg were pleasant surprises.

Thanks. I've been checking or subscribing to various towns for months but never heard about anything beforehand besides Lincoln. Ogallala and Gothenburg were pleasant surprises.
From what I can tell, Hall County, NE (which I think is probably where the charger would most appropriately be placed) has only recently reinstated a building department, after 6 years of not having any building codes. They seem to have potentially opened their building department in June of this year. I cannot find any web presence for granted permits, but it's possible if someone calls them during government hours, they could find out if a permit has been granted.

Grand Island's jurisdiction is outside of the 80 corridor, so I suppose it's not surprising that I don't see a permit there. I think this would be in an unincorporated area of Hall County.

From what I can tell, Hall County, NE (which I think is probably where the charger would most appropriately be placed) has only recently reinstated a building department, after 6 years of not having any building codes. They seem to have potentially opened their building department in June of this year. I cannot find any web presence for granted permits, but it's possible if someone calls them during government hours, they could find out if a permit has been granted.

Grand Island's jurisdiction is outside of the 80 corridor, so I suppose it's not surprising that I don't see a permit there. I think this would be in an unincorporated area of Hall County.
The Grand Island supercharger construction location is found. not far off interstate near a major truck stop.