Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska, OPPD Douglas County, $4500/$500 Rebate Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the $4,500 is even more unlikely for me. My DS told me they found my wire last Thursday and then told me it was on a truck for home delivery on Monday. I was trying to understand where the bleep the truck could be so I emailed the contact my local neighborhood serial Tesla buyer had given me who told me it was still in Kansas City and the payment had not been credited to the account. So don't wire money to Tesla especially if you have a common name. Also try not to get a DS who makes stuff up just so he can tell his boss he is responding quickly. I don't know how to get the second part but at least call KC to double check things.

Reactions: neroden
$4500 Rebates are officially all gone..... bummer dude, missed it by a week. I'd sure like to see the breakdown to see what percentage of Tesla/Nissan received the rebates. Any bets if OPPD ever releases it?

Now taking suggestions:

My OPPD chargepoint hasn't shipped yet and was over $650 with tax and shipping + $95 for an extra J1772 to Tesla adapter to keep installed on it.

or

I can buy the Tesla HPWC for $535 including tax and have it covered under the new vehicle warranty. Assuming OPPD will let me cancel, Thoughts?

$4500 Rebates are officially all gone..... bummer dude, missed it by a week. I'd sure like to see the breakdown to see what percentage of Tesla/Nissan received the rebates. Any bets if OPPD ever releases it?

Now taking suggestions:

My OPPD chargepoint hasn't shipped yet and was over $650 with tax and shipping + $95 for an extra J1772 to Tesla adapter to keep installed on it.

or

I can buy the Tesla HPWC for $535 including tax and have it covered under the new vehicle warranty. Assuming OPPD will let me cancel, Thoughts?
If you are looking for the most economical situation I would recommend just using the UMC that comes with your 3.

Hmm, I wonder if I would have made it if Tesla hadn't screwed up my wire payment. I have the car but no app access and the system still says it isn't delivered - and I don't think the payment is reflected on the account yet either. Oh well, it is a pain to buy one but the car is amazing.

Either way, I've now submitted the charging rebate. I'm curious to see how fast those move now that there is no reason to wait for your car's registration. I'm not sure I would have bought the Chargepoint had I not had a shot at the $4,500 rebate.

I made it, got a check, deposited it.
I have applied for the charger only option, being a two EV family.
The price had dropped for the charger also, which was nice.
I have wired the "hardwire" version with a (new) oven/range ($14) pigtail and it works nicely (I had NEMA 14-50s installed in the garage, so I needed that plug, not the one they offered).
I am really sorry things went so quickly at the end and a number of you didn't a shot at it.
Best I can tell, it was all luck.

Did you have to jump through any hoops to get a second one? Or was it the exact same process as your first one?
Remember that my first was the 4500, the second for the 500 (for my first car which I got 3 1/2 years ago). Seemed a lot easier, probably because I had filled out more parts the first time. They also sent a notification about a week before payment. So, yes, it was easy for me.

Reactions: HyperionMark