Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska owners of Model S ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Jerry - I talked with you when you were in Lincoln, and you gave my friend Don, a ride. Just wanted to say thank you for the courtesy you showed him. He was grinning all of the way home and couldn't stop talking about how great your car is. Thanks, again. Dave

You're very welcome. That was a fun event.

I put off getting my MS, shifting from delivery in a couple weeks to a few months (not Dec first week but now March first week) to get the 85D instead of 85 (and it sure is nice to get the autopilot included--I am looking forward to seeing what that is like on long drives on the interstate). My brother just order his 85, same color as my order (Metallic Grey), but he lives in HI. Anyone out there in NE or Western IA?

Dan! Found you over here! I just sent you a message via your business with my email. Ordered an S85D for delivery in June (maybe).
Wanted to be a part of the group! How are you doing with your S and no service center? Have you heard anything about that or pending superchargers along I-80 in your area..or maybe west?

Congrats! Tried out the Autopilot yet? You mentioned looking forward to that feature before...

There are so many things about a Model S. For example, I have it hooked up to the home wifi, I have the app set up on my phone, I have the garage door opener working, I have Slacker feeding me internet music, I have creep turned on, etc. I have not had much of a chance for autopilot (I don't futz with it much while driving, feels too dangerous) except to put in 3 car lengths between me and the car ahead of me. I have the feeling I will be playing with aspecst of the cars for a very long time...

In regard to Auto Pilot, I played with the advanced cruise control a bit. It is different than I am used to (I found myself acting differently than it wanted to act) but I can see myself really liking it (TACC I think it is labeled). When I get 6.2, which I hope is in the next few weeks, there will be some more advanced (Auto Pilot) features. It is certainly a fun thing to have a car get added features as you go.

I was there in the afternoon to get enough energy to make it home to west Omaha. The headwind hitting us as we headed up from KC was fierce and made us stop at Nebraska City to get about 20 miles of range to make it to Council Bluffs.