Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you had to venture a guess, how fast would you say it was moving when you saw it? There wasn't much sun when they took off today.

Faster than I expected.. I would guess 50+. I saw them starting off from Lewis and Clark Landing on a morning news show, found a telemetry site with their positions, had to hustle up north as they were making their way up to and across Highway 36 pretty fast. They've come a long way from the older, bubble canopy models I've seen (there were plenty of those as well), University of Minnesota's pictured here, actually appeared to seat two pretty comfortably.
umnsolar.jpg

Reactions: tommyboy21
Faster than I expected.. I would guess 50+. I saw them starting off from Lewis and Clark Landing on a morning news show, found a telemetry site with their positions, had to hustle up north as they were making their way up to and across Highway 36 pretty fast. They've come a long way from the older, bubble canopy models I've seen (there were plenty of those as well), University of Minnesota's pictured here, actually appeared to seat two pretty comfortably. View attachment 317019

Apparently the first mandatory stop for Challenge participants was at Stuhr Museum here in GI. I wish I would have taken some pictures/video. Very cool!

Reactions: stargazer
I made it back to NE last night after my quick weekend trip to Wright-Patterson AFB. All of my initial concerns were swept away once the trip began. The trip planning software routed me through each supercharger with about 20% SOC at each destination. The only issue I ran in to were some bad chargers in Indianapolis, 4/8 were down. I super charged in Dayton to have enough juice to travel around Wright-Patt and charged there again before I left town. Overall a great experience, auto pilot drove the vast majority of the miles. I had minimal nags but I think thats because I kept one hand on the wheel at all times. I feel like the nag stuff was blown out of proportion.

Edit: All of the chargers had some kind of ammeneties 24/7. I went through Des Moines, Coralville, Peru, Champaign, Indiannapolis and Dayton.

Reactions: stargazer
I had the mobile repair team out this weekend to fix window regulator and a few minor issues. I've always dreaded taking my previous cars in for repair, but Tesla has once again knocked it out of the park in the service department.
Great to hear about a good experience! What was the time frame like from when you requested service to when they showed up? Something you are able to schedule? And how did you schedule it, online, or did you have to call?

I’m jealous of your trip to WPAFB, I presume you went to the musuem? I went in 2013 and loved it, I want to go back to see the new addition.

I’m a lurker here who finally joined up. I don’t have a Tesla but I would like a pre owned one here in the next year or two. I drove a pre facelift Model S in 15’ at the store in Las Vegas and fell in love. I’ve been in the VW scene in Omaha for several years now, but would love to come out to some ev meet ups in the near future.

Great to hear about a good experience! What was the time frame like from when you requested service to when they showed up? Something you are able to schedule? And how did you schedule it, online, or did you have to call?

Mark, I emailed the address below with my VIN and issues that I was experiencing. I originally emailed them at 7:55am and Chad responded at 8:23. They originally attempted remote diagnostics and were able to identify the faults, but the issues could not be fixed remotely. A few days later Chad called me and set up a day for his technician to come to my house and do the repair. I had to schedule a litle over a week out because I was still in Ohio when the issue popped up. Bob is their sole mobile tech right now and texted me first thing in the morning before he came over and was keen to answer all of the questions I had while he was working. One of my window regulators failed and a parts guy delivered the parts in time for Bob to finish all repairs. I gotta give these guys kudos, extremely professional and helpful.

Council Bluffs, IA Mobile Service
· Phone: 877-79-TESLA
· [email protected]

• Helpful
Reactions: HyperionMark
I’m jealous of your trip to WPAFB, I presume you went to the musuem? I went in 2013 and loved it, I want to go back to see the new addition.

I’m a lurker here who finally joined up. I don’t have a Tesla but I would like a pre owned one here in the next year or two. I drove a pre facelift Model S in 15’ at the store in Las Vegas and fell in love. I’ve been in the VW scene in Omaha for several years now, but would love to come out to some ev meet ups in the near future.

I did go to the museum, the new addition is great. Your story is very similar to mine, I test drove the S & X in Vegas using turo, I kept searching for CPOs and eventually landed on the 70D I have now. I was part of GOVAG myself and had an 08 R32 and a 14 Q5 TDI. I don't think I could ever go back.

Mark, I emailed the address below with my VIN and issues that I was experiencing. I originally emailed them at 7:55am and Chad responded at 8:23. They originally attempted remote diagnostics and were able to identify the faults, but the issues could not be fixed remotely. A few days later Chad called me and set up a day for his technician to come to my house and do the repair. I had to schedule a litle over a week out because I was still in Ohio when the issue popped up. Bob is their sole mobile tech right now and texted me first thing in the morning before he came over and was keen to answer all of the questions I had while he was working. One of my window regulators failed and a parts guy delivered the parts in time for Bob to finish all repairs. I gotta give these guys kudos, extremely professional and helpful.

Council Bluffs, IA Mobile Service Phone: 877-79-TESLA [email protected]

I have worked with the five Rangers, starting with Thaddeus three and a half years ago when I acquired my Model S. (Back then, it was only Thaddeus.) They have always been timely and worked hard to fix everything. I had a four year service contract with Tesla (which they don't seem to offer for the Model 3) so I had a full service every year. One time, the garage that did the alignment did not get a bolt tightened correctly (causing a "thunk" when I went over bumps) and Tesla was right back out to get it addressed and fixed at no cost to me. A couple months ago, getting ready to leave for vacation at 8:30 a.m., my driver door handle would not extend. That was upsetting, the thought of not being able to open the driver's door all during vacation. I called, told them my plight, they were out within the hour and fixed within another one. Bob is a great guy, but so is Chad, and Nick, and Ryan, and Thaddeus. The TACC (Traffic Assisted Cruise Control) was not working correctly for setting the distance between my car and the one in front of me. No matter what I set it at (1 to 7) it just didn't seem to matter. I told one of the guys of it, and they adjusted a camera and the radar (I think that is the two mechanisms they adjusted), and, wala!, the distance between my car and the one in front of me using the TACC works. Wished I would have asked about it sooner. I have no concerns about Tesla Service in the Omaha area. We are in good hands with a responsive crew.

Anyone want to claim this nice ride? I thought the paint was messed up but it was so clear that a reflection on the fence post was showing up. Very nice.

"Tesla Model 3 Full paint correction with Cquartz Pro. We also had Omaha Clear Bra apply a piece of clear bra to the center console to protect it from scratches."

Exotic Detail

I only just discovered this thread, and this is great! So here's a question for owners. Where have you had a positive experience with a tire rotation in Omaha? I figured I should get around to it, as my May delivery Model 3 is already nearly to 8k miles!

Hello Everyone, glad to see a Tesla Owner's forum in NE. I was wondering if someone could assist me finding an electrician who could setup a Chargepoint home EV charger. What have you guys preferred hard wired or the plug-in ?
BTW, I am hoping to get my Model 3 this weekend.

I got the plug in variety since I'll be moving in less than a year. Personally I think it is a bit handier to have the plug in version as you have more future proof flexibility. For instance, you will be able to plug your Tesla UMC into the outlet and get a little higher power than what the ChargePoint will do, given that your installer does up to 50 or 60 amp.