Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Trips Are you hoping to have your Model 3 @ Creighton? My config, but with Sports instead of Aero's. Would love to see it in person!

I'm planning on going to Creighton provided that Tesla gets me a car. My last update was the 9th when they said my car was built.

For the one piece tint, the guys at Exotic Detail of Omaha said their 3rd party tint guys have done dozens of Tesla's in one piece. I forgot who they partner with and will just have the tint done at the same time as the PPF and ceramic coating.

Humid air is actually less dense than dry air, but actual RAIN and/or SNOW will of course make your car less aerodynamic.

I'm not an engineer, so the technical detail is interesting - I just know it impacted my range more than I was expecting.

@tommyboy21 - sent you a DM about the tint - HotRod PDR should have the 60" wide roll in stock and will tint the full rear window in one piece

• Informative
Reactions: tommyboy21
The way back was a little different story - topped off at the supercharger and plugged in my parents garage (50amp welder FTW) while we had lunch. However, weather does have an impact - with the rain on Sunday, our lights were on and wipers going the full time. Started with an estimate of 10% remaining to Home and watched it slowly decrease to 0% and below. The good news is that the guidance automatically re-routes when the remaining battery gets to about -4% or so... Made it to the Lincoln Supercharger fine, with about a dozen miles remaining and without resorting to hypermiling (80+ on I-80). Charged for a while and made it home with no issues.

So, the weather does definitely factor into the range equation more than ICE - and the charging infrastructure requires a bit more planning and timing vs being able to pull over at about any corner and fill up in less than 15 minutes. A good trip though and had fun showing off the 3 to many people who had never even seen a Tesla in person (and parked next to a ‘62 vette!)

Maybe carrying a generator in the frunk isn’t a bad idea?!

In wet conditions, tires have to evacuate a lot of water. Even a small amount can easily add 10-25% to the rolling resistance. Lights and wipers take so little energy that they might as well have been off for all that it matters. I've found that A/C doesn't add that much either if you're somewhat smart about how you use it. (Start at the highest temperature that still blows cold air, and gradually reduce it.)

There's no generator that you can carry that wouldn't be worse than not having one. The extra weight, plus the dangerous fuel, plus the very slow charge rate makes it a lose-lose proposition.

I bet my guy could do that for $300 or under including materials. Will PM you his number.

@HyperionMark Thanks for setting me up with Jared. I had him install mine last night and he did a great job. A+ Service, Quality and Price. He said that mine was about his 10th charger in the last month so we have been keeping him busy.

Reactions: HyperionMark
Got my car registered with the DMV. Hope this stats help. BTW I live in the SID.

Tax District - 1740 Outside Millard
2017 MSRP - $35000
Actual Cost - $50000

Motor Vehicle Tax: $580
Motor Vehicle Fee: $20
CO/RR/DMV/EMS: $5.5
Registration Fees: $15
Plate Fee: $6.6
Spec Fuel Fee:$75 (This is due to no gasoline) seriously ??
Sales Tax (5.5%):$2750
---------------------------------------------
Total - $3452.10

Got my car registered with the DMV. Hope this stats help. BTW I live in the SID.

2017 MSRP - $35000
Actual Cost - $50000

Total - $3452.10
I'm fascinated by how they are only basing the taxes on the MSRP and not actual price paid. Is this done on vehicles from dealers as well? (not that I'm complaining)

D476DC1F-2D82-4D92-9E04-3C795D237685.jpeg
Spotted today at the Millard Days parade.

My contact at Nebraska Crossing outlet mall said we are welcome back any time to do another meet up. She even said she would try to get us some swag bags next time we are there. She also mentioned that they were likely getting a ChargePoint quick charge station before long. I know that doesn't necessarily help Tesla owners (unless you have the adapter), but it is a wonderful thing in general for EV owners and the environment.

Thinking maybe late September or early October for the next meet up.

My contact at Nebraska Crossing outlet mall said we are welcome back any time to do another meet up. She even said she would try to get us some swag bags next time we are there. She also mentioned that they were likely getting a ChargePoint quick charge station before long. I know that doesn't necessarily help Tesla owners (unless you have the adapter), but it is a wonderful thing in general for EV owners and the environment.

Thinking maybe late September or early October for the next meet up.

Awesome Mark - can they block off a section of the parking lot so we can get some real 0-60 comparisons between the RWD, AWD & P?

2017 MSRP - $35000
Actual Cost - $50000

Total - $3452.10

So here is an interesting question. I just plugged my VIN (AWD) into the tax estimator at the DMV Website. They show the MSRP of $64000, with a Motor Vehicle Tax of $1180

Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles - Vehicle Tax Estimator

Looks like AWDs are being treated as AWD-Performance. I can't exactly say I Blame the DMV, as they are doing this off VIN, and there is no differentiation on AWD to AWD-P.
This Motor Vehicle Tax being $600 more each year is just not right. I would expect something inbetween (maybe $300/year), as the MSRP should be different.

Has anyone registered an AWD and gotten different amounts than what the estimator is giving?

Any ideas?

So here is an interesting question. I just plugged my VIN (AWD) into the tax estimator at the DMV Website. They show the MSRP of $64000, with a Motor Vehicle Tax of $1180

Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles - Vehicle Tax Estimator

Looks like AWDs are being treated as AWD-Performance. I can't exactly say I Blame the DMV, as they are doing this off VIN, and there is no differentiation on AWD to AWD-P.
This Motor Vehicle Tax being $600 more each year is just not right. I would expect something inbetween (maybe $300/year), as the MSRP should be different.

Has anyone registered an AWD and gotten different amounts than what the estimator is giving?

Any ideas?

Just went to the DMV today to register my AWD and ran into this issue. Also, posted about it on the main board:

AWD MSRP???

They gave me the usual DMV schtick about "it's set that way in the system." I called the Lincoln "Main" Office. They said they have 3 version in their system and asked if mine is a performance...which it it is not. They recommended I called Tesla, not really any help there, and still trying to get to the bottom of this. The lady I spoke to on the phone at the DMV said that my vehicle sounded like it matched the $53K MSRP in their system. All of this is ridiculous though since Tesla doesn't do MSRP. I'll report back with my findings when I get to the bottom of this. If anyone else is registering their AWD or LR for that matter and having any issues please share. It sounds like from the DMV and Tesla that I might have been the first person to register an AWD in our state. Do I get a prize? No ... my prize is being the guinea pig for this. Yay!

Just went to the DMV today to register my AWD and ran into this issue. Also, posted about it on the main board:

AWD MSRP???

They gave me the usual DMV schtick about "it's set that way in the system." I called the Lincoln "Main" Office. They said they have 3 version in their system and asked if mine is a performance...which it it is not. They recommended I called Tesla, not really any help there, and still trying to get to the bottom of this. The lady I spoke to on the phone at the DMV said that my vehicle sounded like it matched the $53K MSRP in their system. All of this is ridiculous though since Tesla doesn't do MSRP. I'll report back with my findings when I get to the bottom of this. If anyone else is registering their AWD or LR for that matter and having any issues please share. It sounds like from the DMV and Tesla that I might have been the first person to register an AWD in our state. Do I get a prize? No ... my prize is being the guinea pig for this. Yay!

Well, it's encouraging that they seem to have a $53k version in their system. If you need any help calling, let me know and I'll start on it as well. There is just not an automated way for them to tell the difference, which could be a problem.

Reactions: tommyboy21