Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly is Thad's role at Tesla? I don't mean to be rude, but he didn't seem super prepared.

I thought Jordan did awesome!

He is on the legal team team that handles a few states in the midwest. He was with Solar City before this. I believe he had to be careful in what he said as to not reveal to much or make promises. I'm guessing that he wanted to also stay on a few points and not get off topic.

Ironically after Tesla recent big announcement, Tesla is going to close most of the "stores" and go mostly online.

Also the new prices for the Model 3 are very aggressive.
tesla.GIF

This is huge....

Also, I've reached out to see how this affects the service aspect of LB51

I think the Senators were more open to allowing Tesla to service vehicles. If the law changed to allow service, Tesla should be able to open a location like the Kansas City / Delivery center. State law already allows for home delivery so I don't see how it would be different.

Reactions: jerry33
First time poster here. I'm finally in the market for a M3 after years of looking. Sad fact is - I've never actually sat in a M3 let alone test driven one. I tried to get to KC a month or so ago, but got snowed in. Was scheduled to drive one last Friday here in Omaha at their event, but they cancelled because of the announcements Elon put out on M3 Standard. And then was planning on a drive in KC Monday ... but have been told they are no longer doing test drives at all. I assumed that would happen once he announced "online" sales only. I recognize it is a big ask - but do any of the M3 owners ever get together to show off their cars here in Omaha? If so - here's the big ask - does anyone give rides? I appreciate the new 7day/1000 miles return policy, but even assuming Tesla gives me 100% of all money paid/down back, I doubt a lender would let you turn back your loan at no cost. I just want ride or preferably take a very short drive, in a M3 one time before actually committing to buy it.

Reactions: HyperionMark
First time poster here. I'm finally in the market for a M3 after years of looking. Sad fact is - I've never actually sat in a M3 let alone test driven one. I tried to get to KC a month or so ago, but got snowed in. Was scheduled to drive one last Friday here in Omaha at their event, but they cancelled because of the announcements Elon put out on M3 Standard. And then was planning on a drive in KC Monday ... but have been told they are no longer doing test drives at all. I assumed that would happen once he announced "online" sales only. I recognize it is a big ask - but do any of the M3 owners ever get together to show off their cars here in Omaha? If so - here's the big ask - does anyone give rides? I appreciate the new 7day/1000 miles return policy, but even assuming Tesla gives me 100% of all money paid/down back, I doubt a lender would let you turn back your loan at no cost. I just want ride or preferably take a very short drive, in a M3 one time before actually committing to buy it.
I don't own one yet (just a couple more months), but I know for a fact that there are multiple people on this page that would love to help you out.

Six years ago, when I purchased an S, the only thing I wanted to verify was how it did in a parking lot. The reason was that often high powered cars don't take well to small accelerator inputs. Tesla had a dog and pony show where I was able to drive, but really had there not been one, I would have purchased anyway. Once I had tested that, the rest of the drive was kind of annoying because the demonstrator only wanted to talk about how good the acceleration was (which I didn't really care about).

Yes, several of us on here are more than willing to give test drives and/or let you check one out. Add some details regarding what you're looking for (location, range, AWD/RWD, Autopilot or not) etc and I'm sure we can reach out to help.

I'm in the La Vista area and have a LR RWD w/o AP (Long Range, 310 rated mile, rear wheel drive without the autopilot features enabled) - feel free to PM me if you'd like to check it out or have any other questions.

There have been a few meet-ups with the local owners, but the weather has kinda put those on hold for a while. We're getting a local Tesla Owner's Club together (and have a facebook page - Log into Facebook | Facebook), so will probably be doing more formal events in the future.

Yes, several of us on here are more than willing to give test drives and/or let you check one out. Add some details regarding what you're looking for (location, range, AWD/RWD, Autopilot or not) etc and I'm sure we can reach out to help.

I'm in the La Vista area and have a LR RWD w/o AP (Long Range, 310 rated mile, rear wheel drive without the autopilot features enabled) - feel free to PM me if you'd like to check it out or have any other questions.

There have been a few meet-ups with the local owners, but the weather has kinda put those on hold for a while. We're getting a local Tesla Owner's Club together (and have a facebook page - Log into Facebook | Facebook), so will probably be doing more formal events in the future.
Bandwagon and others - thanks for the responses. I'm looking for a mid-range M3 RW (obviously) with what is now "Autopilot". Now that T has released the standard and the standard plus, the range from those probably works for me; however, I was wanting the actual premium interior - for the highest end stereo, the streaming and the all seat heaters. Figure I can save on range using the seat warmers for all passengers rather than use the actual heater.

I'll be in KC at their Plaza store this weekend, which it sounds like they are keeping open for showroom and questions . . . but no actual test drives.

Bandwagon - I'll PM you more specifics just as soon as I figure out how to PM someone . . .

Reactions: FalconHeavy
Bandwagon and others - thanks for the responses. I'm looking for a mid-range M3 RW (obviously) with what is now "Autopilot". Now that T has released the standard and the standard plus, the range from those probably works for me; however, I was wanting the actual premium interior - for the highest end stereo, the streaming and the all seat heaters. Figure I can save on range using the seat warmers for all passengers rather than use the actual heater.

I'll be in KC at their Plaza store this weekend, which it sounds like they are keeping open for showroom and questions . . . but no actual test drives.

Bandwagon - I'll PM you more specifics just as soon as I figure out how to PM someone . . .
If you are new to driving electric, please don't underestimate how much range you lose during the winter. And seat heaters are a help but not a true replacement for HVAC. You will simply fog over if you go too long without any air movement and it's cold enough.

I second that, the "be careful with winter driving." I returned from KC to Omaha yesterday and couldn't make it home, having to stop at the Council Bluffs Supercharger this time, something I haven't had to do in a while. So this is not something to worry about, but to plan for. I drove 70 the whole way, but had two superchargers to back me up. I used one for a brief stop and then home. Usually, in warmer weather, we make it the whole way home without stopping. This is with my 85D S; had we taken the Model 3D LR, we would have made it the whole way...

Does anyone currently own a "red" Model S (with the new face lift) ? I am within days to change my black Model s for a new one. I'm still undecided between red or black (also waiting for tomorrows Model Y unveiling).

Suggestions are welcome.

I will be adding this to the marketplace soon, not sure how many of you browse it so I'm adding this info here

Selling a set of 19” TST Tesla Wheels in Metallic Gray with OEM TPMS black sensors (1010938-01-B) an Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 (8xxx miles of used). The set was in a P85D.

The wheels are in great condition. Only one have a small curb rash.

Asking $1500 Location Omaha.

IMG_20190404_193722.jpgIMG_20190404_193750.jpg IMG_20190404_193744.jpg IMG_20190404_193822.jpg

Last edited:
I'm open to giving anyone a ride or possibly test drive (if certain conditions are met) in my area. Also a reminder to everybody that EV owners will be getting together on the following dates and locations and some will be giving rides or test drives to the general public.

Drive Electric Earth Day (whole month of April) Drive Electric Earth Day
Omaha - Saturday, April 13, 2019 from 11 AM - 6 PM
Elmwood Park
802 S 60 St.
Omaha, NE 68106
Drive Electric Earth Day - Omaha

Lincoln - Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 10 AM - 3 PM
Union Plaza
21st and Q St
Lincoln, NE 68510
Drive Electric Earth Day - Lincoln

Bellevue - Sunday, April 28, 2019 from Noon - 4 PM
Lied Activity Center
2700 Arboretum Dr.
Bellevue, NE 68005
Drive Electric Earth Day - Bellevue

National Drive Electric Week (during September) National Drive Electric Week
Omaha - Sunday, September 15, 2019 from 11 AM - 3 PM
Creighton University Skutt Student Center Ballroom
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
National Drive Electric Week - Omaha

Lincoln - Sunday, September 22, 2019 from Noon to 4 PM
HyVee Parking Lot
5020 N 27th Street
Lincoln, NE 68521
National Drive Electric Week - Lincoln

Hey I just was looking through this forum a few weeks ago about tinting your Model 3 here in Omaha. I saw Hot Rod was mentioned and when I contacted them they were no longer taking Model 3s. I went down to Lincoln and got my car taken care of by Craig at Tint Works. He did an amazing job removing a botched tint job I had done by someone else in Omaha and installing new tint.
IMG_2109.jpg

Hey I just was looking through this forum a few weeks ago about tinting your Model 3 here in Omaha. I saw Hot Rod was mentioned and when I contacted them they were no longer taking Model 3s. I went down to Lincoln and got my car taken care of by Craig at Tint Works. He did an amazing job removing a botched tint job I had done by someone else in Omaha and installing new tint. View attachment 395382

Did they do one piece in the back and how much were they charging?